Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 3 : Confederation Cup Final

Woke up pretty damn hung over yesterday , those yummy gin and tonics kicked my ass ! Timo was in worse shape then I was but I at least found the courage to drag my drunken ass to the rink . Another early skate with some young children ... It was a lot of fun teaching them . Then the bigger kids came and I had to finally strap on the pads . In my half drunk state and with the heat I felt like my body was on FIRE !!! I was on the ice for 4 hours then had to head back to get ready for the big game .

The night before Ge' told us while we were drinking in Copacabana that his friend Maurice had 1 extra ticket . There are 3 of us that wanted to go but thankfully Timo and Andi agreed that i should go  since I organized our trip ... But with 1 condition , I have to wear a Bayern Munich top ;) sorry to all my Villa mates sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do . So yeah I was in conflict when I was getting ready to meet Maurice but I went through with the deal and put the top on headed to the lobby and met Maurice ( there is an amazing story about him I will share later ) .

Maurice was with his friend , I am pretty sure her name was Natasha , and we were meeting a group of his friends in the parking lot ;) when everyone gathered we had a bottle of Prosecco to drink and got our faces painted with Brazilian colours , I was officially a Brazilian for the day and it felt great. We all then headed to the stadium . Maracana is world renowned and it was beautiful the energy was something I doubt I will ever experience again with over 70,000 people there going absolutely nuts .

Brazil vs Spain ! 2 of the best teams in the world , who could ask for a better game . Off the bat Brazil scored and the crowd went ballistic ... I was nearly in tears it was so awesome . This day was going to be all Brazil as they played absolutely PERFECT !!! Every player at every position played just amazing with unreal saves , ridiculous defense and accurate striking . You could see the fear and confusion in each of the Spanish players eyes . They were in the process of getting run over by a Mac Truck called Brazil ;)

Honestly if I died today or in 50 years I think this game will be one of the last things I will think of as it was the most amazingly played game I have ever seen . And it was the final of the Confederations Cup , yes I know it is not the World Cup but I have to ask before you ask me ... When was the lasts time that you were in Brazil watching them play Spain ???? Exactly ! I did that yesterday ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment