Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 4 South America : The Search for Bacon

Yesterday I woke up with a hankering for bacon ! The hotel here has a really shitty breakfast spread basically it is shit to make a sandwich which I will never consider to be breakfast ... It's lunch or snack at best ... Breakfast is bacon and eggs , I really don't care what the rest of you think that is what I think . So I went out in search of a restaurant serving breakfast as I was starved !!! Didn't eat at all the day before ... Not the greatest idea . So yeah there were no restaurants open at this time and my day got off to a totally shit start and it was not about to get any better .

We booked a trip to go sightseeing and man it totally SUCKED !!! We were supposed to be doing this 4 hour tour where we would go to a favela and see rain forest ... I tried to cancel but one of us convinced me to go and I went along with it. I knew it would be a waste of time as it was booked for a shitty time and it was already raining. When the jeep showed up it was big and cool looking , we hopped in and began picking up other tourists and then were told we would go to 2 favelas and rain forest .... We went to the worst favela possible to see this really stupid Michael Jackson statue . If you ever come here do yourself a favor and don't waste your time !!!! There was only 1 person out of 9 of us that wanted to go there. It was supposed to be a 5 min stop over and when we got there the elevator/tram was not working so we started to climb ... These favelas are just smeared with human and dog shit everywhere ! Garbage is like a collectible and disease must be running rampant ! Dogs with fleas dancing on their faces , it was a sad state for humans to live . Our trip started at 2 and when we got back to truck from this 5 minute stopover we had already wasted 2 hours to see this really really really really stupid statue !

So now I am soaked wet in sweat in a favela and it is getting dark and we are going to see a forest .... In the dark , and it begins to rain ! We are soaked in swear driving in a jeep that is open so the wind is blowing against me , and it begins to rain so we get the top on the jeep and now we can't see anything at all ... Did I mention this was all so we could see a stupid statue that no one wanted to see ??? I think I did . By the time we got to the forest all I wanted to do was go home as I was cold , wet and sick of this bullshit waste of time trip ! I knew this was going to be bad and next time I won't get talked into it . As someone that doesn't swim I probably would have had more fun swimming ;)

Oh it gets worse ... Tour guide told us we will get another shot at this trip on Wednesday so I might try it again so hopefully we go to a real favela not to see a statue of a child molestor... Yeah I said it ! I wanna see sights not statues of bullshit !!! When we got back Ge' picked us up to go to hockey . Man I wish they would take better care of the rink and get it cooler in there as it is like playing hockey in a sauna ... When i put my gear on I sweat completely through my gear in mere minutes. I felt good on the ice bug it was tough to find my angles as it is a really small ice surface ... I drank 3 bottles of water in no time at all and began feeling dizzy when I got off ice for our second break . I was going to fall down and leaned hard on my stick , it snapped and I stumbled into my chair . Signs of heat stroke !!! I had to shut it down :( so missed our scrimmage at the end . Being dizzy on ice is never a good thing ! I was beginning to feel nauseous too and I think 5 more minutes and I would be in a hospital . I have never left an ice rink in such rough shape :(

More then anything I was pissed that I broke my stick , now I am down to one and was hoping to leave one as a gift . Guess that's not happening now . When we got back to our hotel I felt even worse ! Timo and I ordered some pizzas to our hotel as Andi went out on his own , don't ask :) as I really don't know where he is going . All I know is that today can't possibly be worse then yesterday ... Even though it is already shitty weather out ... I need a coffee ! 2 more days in Rio so I have to make the most of it ... Don't get me wrong I still totally love it here and I think the other guys do too , we just had a shitty day . It's bound to happen :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment