Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home ...

On this day there were no pictures , as i mentioned the flight home was pretty good . Timo was moved into an emergency row where he sat alone because his screen was not working and i ended up with my own row since he left which always makes things a bit more comfortable . As you all know we have had some shitty flights dealing with children and all the bullshit that comes with them . I had 2 teenagers in front and 2 behind me so this was enough to cause me to have a nightmare ... yes i had a crazy dream that i ended up full on brawling with these girls behind me , with them pulling my hair and attacking me for putting my chair back . LOL ...

When the flight took off the girl behind me put her foot on my chair and let me let you all know that this is rude ! So i put my chair back when she did this as it messes up her comfort then and when i passed out the nightmare started ... when i woke up i was happy to realize it was just a bad dream :) i watched Skyfall which was pretty good ! and ate the garbage they call food on this United flight .... i can complain about the airline but they are all equally as bad as the next when it comes to service and food . Things are not the same as they used to be ... things always change and usually not for the better .

Arrived in Newark and switched planes after being hassled by security ... the question on the paper we had to fill out asked which countries have i visited before arriving in USA ... pretty vague question so i just put the obvious down , Argentina . Well the knob working customs saw my stamps and asked if i visited there too , i said yes and i have visited a lot of other countries before visiting here too ! Should i list them all ? He said no just the ones on this trip ... it doesn't say that on the customs form ? And for this i was sent to have my backpack searched ! Thanks you douche ! This is payback for all those kids that beat you up when you were a little nerd right ??? LOL ! Timo was sent there too :) we loved it as they asked us the same questions we have heard so many times on this trip . More and more airports are becoming more paranoid and rightfully so since they need a reason to make travelling more expensive . ahh well i figure getting home will be nice enough .

The flight from Newark had a minor problem ... the toilet was not working :P so we were told prior to boarding to use the bathroom in the airport . I am not joking ... and we boarded and the flight was quiet , we filled out our customs forms and arrived in Toronto in no time (1.5 hours ) when i arrived i got to customs and it was empty and there were these kiosks i had never seen ... i was confused and said whats this ? this is stupid , and this Philippino woman approached me and said "don't say that " , i said what ? she said don't say this is stupid , i said what do you mean ... i can say this is stupid if i think it is stupid and she said she was calling security ??? i said ok call security , i have a right to say i think this is stupid don't i . She said no you don't ... i wanted to choke this bitch for being so rude to me ! But instead i figured out the new system on my own without her help , she is there to help but refused to . I was not too happy but i got through customs and still wanted to choke this bitch . We picked up our bags and the airport was so quiet i can't believe i got out so quickly . Kathleen picked us up and took us to my place .

We didn't waste any time ! we dropped bags and went hockey shopping for Timo at Toronto Hockey Repair , which is by far the best shop in Toronto ! Timo was treated like a king by my friends there getting great deals , they even sent someone out to get drinks for us as we waited for gear to keep showing up for Timo to try on . After getting Timo all geared up we went next door to King Slice for a monster slice of pizza and then went off to get some beers at the LCBO ( liquor store ) then we finally got back to my place for beers .... Phil from my Ghetto squad showed up and we had a few drinks and ate a bountiful meal before i passed out , i was a bit drunk and a lot tired ! Tomorrow Timo leaves so we started his laundry and passed out ... tomorrow i will take Timo to the largest hockey shop in Toronto and quite possibly Canada or North America , you can all argue over which is the biggest but i still say the best is Toronto Hockey Repair :P

Over the next few days i will finish off my South America blogs with a recap with pictures :) hopefully it will help explain a lot of the stuff you have read over the last month ! I have a playoff game here today so i should take it easy now .... cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment