Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 23 South America : why ?

Barely slept this room is like a sauna it is so hot , I know most of you in northern hemisphere would die for some snow now . I just want to control the heat in my room LOL ... Had a nightmare again and sleeping was very spotty to say the least . I was totally focused on winning our 2 games today but that was all going to be thrown in the trash !

My team mates were out drinking and I was not too pleased because I knew they would be in rough shape and I knew that I had invested a lot of cash to come play for them ... When I went down stairs to meet my driver he did not show ! Instead Rodolfo showed up , but all our sticks were locked in the van . Remember I knew drinking was not going to help and apparently it didn't as they forgot to tell the driver when to pick us up ??? And for the first time in my whole life I walked into a rink without a stick , seriously this has NEVER happened . No matter who blames who all I know is my stick is locked in this fucking van and my  only option is to use a shitty stick ! Well you can all figure out that focusing on the game was gone , out the window and when the game was about to start my stick finally showed up .

It was too late though and I can blame everyone that didn't play their positions or do what we asked or paid for but the bottom line is that I played shit and my groin injury was nagging me ... The third goal I gave up left me motionless and I pulled myself as we lost a game to a team we should have beaten . The second game I didn't dress for as we played the tourney favorites and they whooped our ass' we really had no chance but at least we scored a few goals on them as their goalies had not faced a shot in the first 2 games ... I think they made 5 saves on 8 shots or something like that . If I was healthy we could have beaten them , or at least we believe so !

After the games we hung around and I gave out my remaining Canadian lapel pins as it was friends day in Argentina . Some holiday that they have here . I should look it up when I have a chance :) My good friend Javier bought me a hot chocolate and a t-shirt . Gracias amigo ! Everyone was in good moods and after the rink Timo and myself headed to our rooms for a shower and a bite to eat . As I said this city is a ski town with almost nothing being cheap , we spent the equivalent of $100 on lunch ... Ouch my pocket hurts . Good thing Timo is so amazing and is helping me out so much . At least one of the people I brought with me is being gracious enough to me for all I have done preparing this big trip . The others don't seem to understand that I have done something for them and for that I can truly say I am sorry I wasted so much time on you . This is not a job for me , even buying me a beer or saying thank you would be nice . I will probably have offended someone by saying this but the truth is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts and truly it hurts that I have brought people that have not thanked me in any way possible , you are welcome ! Timo will be a friend forever this I know from the bottom of my heart ;)

Anyway there is this awesome guy named Nacho here , we bumped into him wandering the streets and of course we wandered around as he helped us find Timo a memory stick . Nacho u are amazing buddy ! I hope u come to Toronto with the rest of the Argentines next year ! Of course we have a favourable schedule and have to play at 9 am AGAIN tomorrow so drinking/partying was not an option so Timo and myself opted to go take nice pictures and watch a couple games which ended being quite entertaining . Had a few hot chocolates and made some more friends , after all the best part about these trips are the people I meet , and in Ushuaia I have made many new friends . I just wish the people with me could understand and do the same as Timo and myself . At the end of this trip I will at least know that I have gained some respect from the people I meet ;) now I must ice my groin ... Maybe massage it too LOL ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment