Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 15 South America : Getting Sick

Ok now I have time to catch up on my posts ... Only because I am getting sick :( woke up yesterday hung over with my throat burning on fire and a runny nose sneezing and I am pretty sure Timo and myself caught it from this guy here . We have met a couple people here that you could say are a bit slow in the head , the way you can spot the crazies is by their filthy dirty hands ! The 2 we met both had hands that probably have not seen soap or water in weeks , yeah it's gross but being the hockey ambassadors we are we have been shaking hands and kissing babies left and right ;) after a night out with this certain fellow we both woke up sick .... I am not a doctor but 1 + 1 = 2 and we kinda figure we got sick from this certain fella that would not leave us alone !

When we met up we agreed to go to the pharmacy where we bought some anti inflammatory stuff for our throats and some pills to battle our head colds . It kinda worked and we slept the day away in the cozy confines of our hotel ... This place is way too nice for me LOL . I mean I am used to sleeping in rooms the size of closets with no privacy and here my bed is actually bigger then some rooms I have shared . We had a game vs the host club Los Nordicos from Chile and we planned to take it easy on them , unfortunately not everyone understands English on my squad LOL ! In fact even the ones that understand don't seem to understand what hockey etiquette is as one of my guys doesn't seem to accept the fact that he has had his room paid for by our hosts and continuously cheers against them .... It is so disrespectful on his part and I want to apologize on behalf of my organization :(

Our game was supposed to start at 8 but actually started later because we are warning up for a half hour which makes no sense but remember these guys are still learning and just need the right direction  . When the game started we pounced all over them and our star players began to take it easy , we just didn't want our American buddy Caleb to score but he did .... Nice goal dude ! Actually tournament organizer Alejandro even scored and the crowd went absolutely bonkers .... Alas the 2 goals were nothing compared to the 20 we scored ! The stands were packed once again and we were mobbed coming off the ice with interviews and photo oops for everyone there , as I said earlier it is such a crazy feeling to get the treatment we have received here . If you come here next year I am sure you will see what I mean ;)

After the game we went to a bar then headed to our hotel to eat and pass out . There was a model runway show that I watched very briefly but in all honesty I have worked a bunch of these shows before so seeing women in bikinis isn't all that exciting for me .... I should get a nap in now as I have a game tonight .... Hasta la vista baby ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment