Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 17 South America : Champions

Woke up with a raging hang over from the amazing night out with all the guys from the tourney , we got pretty smashed with the guys from Los Nordicos  and it was fitting that we had to play them at noon which is way too early when you got to bed around 5:30 am ... Alas this is the kind of stuff that happens at these tourneys , it is a survival of the fittest LOL . The Bon Jovi tribute band really kicked ass ! Look up Banda New Jersey ! Hopefully it is a yearly event here at this tourney . Highlight of the night was when Caleb and Andi got on stage and did their topless act which got rave reviews from the ladies hahaha. Good job guys !

So when I woke up after my 4 hours of sleep I was still smashed but of course I made it to the rink , got dressed and had some laughs with the guys over the events that took place the night before then it was time for hockey . You could say I took it easy or you can say I was just drunk ... We won 21-10 after starting off losing 2-0 . It was a really fun game and I can clearly see that the locals are getting much better every day :) especially Omar who is playing for us , he actually got a hat trick ! After the game we wasted no time and left immediately to head to our rooms as we were so hung over and had to play in championship game at 6:30 pm ... The game was supposed to be televised but that was cancelled for some reason , we seem to think it was because we were killing everyone but that is debatable . Regardless things seem to change here on the drop of a dime ;)

After our big nap we all met in lobby and got ready for our big game vs C.A.U. the team from Aegentina . We have beaten them 17-5 and 14-2 so we were not overly worried and this game seemed to be a bit more light hearted for both teams . The other goalie is a great friend Marcelo , he has his son playing and he scored a couple goals on me and there was some great celebrations ;) Cami got a goal on me too :) we ended up wining 16-7 and everyone had a blast . There was a huge closing ceremony and we were mobbed for photos by the crowd . It took over an hour for us to get back to our dressing room .... I bought some bubbly for us and for the other team and we all relished over the attention we were receiving ... What a great feeling it has been playing in front of a packed rink . I can't hype this tournament enough and really hope to hear that all my hockey buddies make it down here !

On a side note ... Super douche bag slithered his way out of Punta Arenas and it is a good thing as we wanted to ditch him here . Apparently he wants to referee in Ushuaia now LOL .... Wanna bet that won't happen ? I am going to try my best to make sure he doesn't get on the ice and has no part in the next tourney ;) you get what you deserve LOL !

Last night during celebrations I snuck off because my body was in so much pain ... I have a training session today with Los Nordicos , but first I am going to hit the spa for a full day of maximum relaxation ... I want to thank Timo , Tyler , Omar and Andi for being amazing hockey ambassadors this past week !! Now it's time to focus on our next tourney  Lets GO LOS NORDICOS !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment