Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 25 South America : True Friends

Another day of hockey but due to circumstances I was not playing .... I was there to cheer on and help my team mates  . It was the 5th place game vs. the green team . We beat them earlier on this week but today Andi left for Germany and was suspended anyways , Timo is injured from multiple dirty players and I was suspended because the federation just didn't want to let me play even though I hear a few friends went to bat for me to no avail :( this federation seems more like a dictatorship with a bunch of puppets then a democracy as a few people said they argued to let me play . Rules are rules and this federation has a bunch of stupid rules LOL !

Another early game ... I don't ever remember playing 3 games at 9 am in a row . Does this sound like fun ? Nope . Yeah I know I have or seem to sound like I am bitching but really all I am doing is pointing out the obvious :) we thought our friends from Chile would lose bad but I am guessing our chat with Nicholas and Rodolfo worked as the guys played more defensive and stopped moving forward as Caleb was telling them to do . We love you Caleb but you can't force an offensive system on a team that have been playing for 4 months . The guys all played their ass' off this morning and really surprised me keeping the score really close . Even though they didn't only play the green team but it seemed like they were playing against the refs too..., Coco I am not sure why you were calling all penalties against us but it didn't seem right that we had 6 penalties and the team from your city had 1 ... Another fixed game if you ask me ;)

The highlight for me at the rink was seeing Vicki from the orange team who won the championship . She thanked me for showing her how to find her creas and cut her angles down ... So glad to help and twice as glad to hear it helped ! Another highlight was watching Nicolas score !!!! The game was close as I said , the guys gave their all and what I saw was a much better team then I saw 2 weeks ago ... So proud of all of you Nordicos . Unfortunately we lost a tight yet clean game 2-1 and ended up in 6th place . Much better then last guys , you all are amazing guys and saying bye to you all after the last 2 weeks was hard :( I will miss you guys and hope you all keep working on making each other better hockey players .... Please stay in touch mi amigos !

Timo and myself got back to the hotel ate lunch and took a nap .... We met up with Anita and Javier around 4 pm to take some pics around the city and they showed us some local spots to buy gifts . The main strip is so pricey so it was nice to go off the beat and path to buy some quality chocolate mmmmm . We saw our buddy Ashby and Marcelo dropped by to give us a disk with pics which was very nice of him . During the tourney there was so much stress in the air so it was nice to see friends after it was all done . I was really happy that the tournament was over :) no more bullshit and politics ! We did discuss refs and everyone agrees they need a reffing clinic here of they need to send someone out to a clinic to bring back some knowledge .... When they come to Toronto hopefully I can find or organize something for them as I still want to see the get I love get better here !

Another highlight of the day was getting to see the Laguna del Diablo which is where hockey planted its first roots here . It's too bad that we couldn't skate on it because it bus nog frozen over but it was awesome just being there :) guys I hope you all get better ! Marcelo I hope you enjoy my goalie stick ! Nordicos I hope the driver turned on the heat for you and I hope the vinegar stinking jersey I left in the van doesn't kill you ... Still wondering what disease this puerto ricsan loser has to be sweating vinegar ... Oh and I am really happy to say I haven't seen this douche in a few days , he never got to play and overall wasted his time coming here . LOL ! I have to get some sleep as I fly back to Buenos Aires tomorrow morning . Thanks to all my friends in Ushuaia I wish you all well and hope to see you in Toronto this winter ! Adios boludos ;)

If you are in Buenos Aires and wanna meet up send me a Facebook message ! Good night or buenos noches . 

No comments:

Post a Comment