Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 24 South America : No Respect

These 9 am games are killing the spirit of the tournament and it is becoming more and more boring here without the social aspect we are used to experiencing when on tour . This day our van actually showed up and we took our sticks to assure we had them . We were playing Huracan for the right to play for 5th place ! The last thing we want is to end up last .

The sun was still coming up at 9 am as we got onto the ice and it was beautiful ... Unfortunately the game were about to play was not so pretty and the refereeing was awful . We jumped out to a lead and the stick work began with hooks and slashes coming down on Timo every time he touched the puck but we kept our cool until the refs started to make calls against us with no reason at all . It started getting messy when Andi had an octopus all over him in the opposing corner, he fought his way out of his grasp only to receive a penalty ??? Hold your breath now... Andi yelled out that he is fucking holding me ! This is a game ejection ? LOL ! Please tell me I am seeing this or is this game fixed ? I personally felt as though it was fixed from game 1 :(

The hacking , slashing , hooking and tripping went on unnoticed by this person that claims to be a ref ... The song "I'm blind , I'm deaf , I wanna be a ref " was actually a fact here as this guy plain and simply ignored any rules and made a travesty of this game . He should be ashamed to say he is a ref and I hope the other team lined his pockets with enough pesos . The third period started and we were up 4-2 and I went to freeze a puck ... Delayed whistle ? If the whistle gets blown this next bit never happens BUT in the spirit of the game here the whistle stays and doesn't sound off and some disrespectful idiot skates up from behind me and tomahawk chops my forearm . Obviously this is ok so me punching this guy into the net is ok too ? Yeah I punched this fucker so hard with my blocker and he flew into my net !

The other team goes nuts , other goalie comes into our zone . Guys throwing cheap shots yet fearing a true fight with me as I would be tossing these guys around ... Most of them would go down fast as they can hardly skate LOL . After all this shot I expected to get 2 min at the most ... Well in this tournament if is 2& 10 ... Hold on it is also game ejection . First for everything in this tourney ... What am embarrassment to the sport ! So they boot me and nobody else gets kicked out , during this a ref grabs Timo from behind and lets an opposing player butt end him in ribs ??? Clearly there is a problem here as the main objection was to kick us out or injure us . These players here have no respect for the game or each other . This is a non contact tournament unless you are hitting one of us !

I was not happy and actually shocked to get tossed out . And not one of their players faced any problems or ejections ... Like I said this tournament was fixed from the moment we arrived we knew this as they didn't want us to have Caleb on our squad because this joke for a federation said he has not registered so he can not play BUT he can play for another team ??? I will get into their joke rules later to provide you all with more hysteria :) it's a shame this federation has taken this beautiful setting to claim to provide a tournament ... Which I can honestly say is the worst tournament I have ever played in , yes even the tourney in Iceland was much better then this . I don't have anything good to say about this federation or it's stupid rules as all I have endured is bullshit since the moment Noelia told me to go back to Canada , she represents the federation in a very poor manner and I feel sorry for them to have a face like this doing such a poor job at making things better . You can say what u want but u know u were rude to someone that writes a blog so what else would you expect ?

Later this evening Nicolas and Rodolfo visited us at our hotel as we were guzzling wine , we called a taxi to go watch finals but it never showed !!!  Service industry here is almost as bad as the rules for this tourney . We waited half an hour and then got another bottle ;) Timo couldn't walk as his legs have been chopped at like tree trunks all week . We truly had giant targets on our bodies all week , so back to the hotel bit .... When the guys showed up they told me I was suspended for the day after ??? I guess the best way to fix a game is to get rid of the better players as Andi was suspended too but was not going to be here anyways . Timo is hurt so tomorrow it's up to our Chilean buddies to get the HUGE win . We are playing against a team from Buenos Aires so lets see what other tricks are used to help us lose tomorrow !

As I have said many times I have so many friends here and I hope this is not offending you . You all know i am a writer and I only speak the truth from my perspective , whether you like it or not you all knew that I would write about this , lets just hope for some positive changes for the future as a friend I do hope your federation makes changes and your referees learn about the rules of hockey , it is the best sport in the world but you guys still have much to learn ! Congratulations to my friends that made the finals and I hope you guys had a good party last night .


No comments:

Post a Comment