Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 21 South America : Really ?

Yesterday I got up at a decent hour ...the sun does not come up until around 9 or so, went downstairs for breakfast only to find out that it was garbage sandwich crap ! The rest of the world really doesn't know what they are missing eating this absolute shite instead of having eggs or pancakes or you know a proper breakfast ;) oh well I will eat it anyway as I can't afford anything else here in this overpriced ski town at the end of the world .

Our van came to pick us up around 11 and we headed off for our first game against the green team . Yes another original team name LOL ! Our game was at noon and we got into the building next to rink and were told we could be on the other side of building ...ok . Getting dressed is a chore here as it seems everyone and their mother walked over or through me while I was trying to change , it is annoying . They should consider keeping people that are not playing out of this area !!! Back home we don't have this problem as there are separate change rooms as most of you know , boy do I miss home .

So we let my back up start the game and he was shaky to say the least but did not give up any goals ;)  guys on bench started yelling for me to go out there and I stepped on the ice and earned my Argentine  flag , the 20th country I have played in ! The first shot on me was a break way which I stopped low with my blocker and we at that time had a 1-0 lead that I was brought in to protect . Soon after we made it 3-0 and I felt more comfortable , unfortunately so did my defence and there was yet another breakaway which I blew and let in their only goal ... The fans went crazy , remember we are playing for Chile and their is some animosity from the people here . Some of the fans even booed me when I got on ice , oh well ;) it doesn't matter if they cheer or boo the bottom line is we are playing for Chile .

Late in the game the green team LOL had a plan to push me out of my crease ??? Yeah talk about retarded ! I am standing there and some guy is in my crease trying to push me out ??? I have never seen this tactic, I can't be too surprised as the lack of knowledge of rules is evident here with offsides being called for no reason and icing being called while goalies are playing pucks . It's a good thing fellow goaltender Marcelo was reffing and saw the whole thing go down , they scored and he waved it off ! They went crazy as they obviously don't understand the rules . This was possibly the dumbest plan I have ever encountered on all my travels . Thanks to Marcelo for being the only one to know this rule ;) unfortunately he should have been assessed a minor penalty before they scored for goaltender interference and they would have never had the chance to put the puck in the net !

The game ended with Andi missing an open net and we went on to win 3-1 surprisingly I did not even break a sweat . I am sure our nex games will be more challenging as this game was very sloppy for both teams. As I said before we have a lot of work to do if we want to win and the first thing is getting our Chilean guys to skate to the puck . Standing around waiting is just not going to help the cause , also getting the puck out of our end would help too instead of keeping it in ??

After the game we went to eat with the team and Rudolfos father who has already rammed his car into our van and claims he didn't when we all witnessed it ,  reaches over and spills a full glass of beer all over me ... Thanks ! That is all I needed, this trip to Ushuaia is not turning out to what I thought it would be so I just go back to my room to sleep as it is my cheapest option . I am not drinking as I just want to win now . Being sober and getting my rest is my best options here  . Hopefully today there are no more rules enforced or crazy tactics in play or I might snap ;) it should be another interesting day at the end of the world .


No comments:

Post a Comment