Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Tallinn Hoki Cup Champions

On this day we had a key match in the morning against the first place team . If we win we have to play the same team in the championship game . The team was apparently first division champs from Estonia called the Magic Wings. We started off by opening the scoring and never looked back winning the game 6-3 but something seemed fishy when they lost they were all smiling and laughing .

I went back to the room with suspicions that they threw the game because they didn't want to play their rivals Tiigrid . Well I was right ! Apparently these chumps thought they could beat us because their rivals did LOL !they rested their top players and used their backup goalie to throw the game , or that is what they thought....

The final was a couple hours later and right before game time we found out their starting goalie was the former Estonian national team goalie , this gave me the mental push to play harder as a Canadian I don't believe in losing for any reason let alone on purpose to set final on your favor . Cheap tactics don't work suckers Hahaha :)

The final started and within first 5 minutes we already showed them that we were here to take care of business jumping ahead 3-0 , I made a really sweet point blank glove save that kept them frustrated ! Unfortunately before end of first period one of my own defense had tipped a goal in on me , going into half winning 3-1 .

Second frame started And they were buzzing all over the place but we held our ground by playing a spectacular defensive game , had to make a breakaway save with a neAt little poke heck and all I could think wAs for us to score A 4th goal , then it happened and we were up 4-1 . These guys were pissed , karma can b a bitch ;)

We WON ! 4-1 and Rainer honored me by letting me accept the championship trophy . The zamboni was on the ice and me being excited meant throwing my gloves and stick exuberantly almost throwing my stick under the zamboni LoL!!! Guys had to rush to stop it from going under it , the usual for me ;)

After we left the rink without celebrating as the guys all had to heAd home so they could not drink . The tournament did not even have a conclusion pArty which kinda sucks as I never had much opportunity to meet Any of the guys we competed against . Rainer and
Myself went to a brewery in old Tallinn for a beer and a steak ( which was amazing ) then we turned in quite early to wAke up early to catch the bus I am currently sitting on my way to Riga . Stupid me setting the alarm wrong , Rainer somehow woke up to notice we slept in , I had another awful nights rest so I should catch some z's now , going to watch khl game tonight !!!


I will post some pics as soon as I can use a real computer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment