Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Another day in SA


Yesterday was not exactly one of those ra ra ra days . It was more of a sluggish lull of a day . I had booked a tour of the Apartheid Museum through the concierge at the hotel . My tour guide was to pick me up at 10 am so I went down a bite  early and had a cappuccino . 

When the guide arrived he said I was only one on tour ???? Seems a bit strange but whatever ... I know the price is 900 Rand for this and it seems a big steep but I have no other choice do I ??? Guess not so I get in bus and we head to Apartheid Museum . The guide says little on the ride and when we arrive I notice entrance is 70 Rand so I guess the other 830 Rands is for transport and guide ???? 

I head in and the guide doesn't say a thing .... Wtf ? The museum itself is nice and totally meaningful but what am I paying all this money for ? Anyways it wasn't worth what I payed and I couldn't take pictures so really what I am saying is if you come here just take a taxi there and do the tour on your own LOL ! 

When I arrived at hotel i felt a bit cheesed off and I was hungry so I went to Mandela Square and ate some pasta at the Hard Rock Cafe then came back to my room .... All that is great besides the walk there where I have to walk by these street shops with vendors that constantly harass me ... I guess they think I am rich or something regardless I am not really intersted in walking by them again they are starting to bother me a bit . 

As I said it was a lull of a day so I figured I might as well go to the hotel bar and watch some World Cup action :) while I was there I first met a pro golfer that had a great chat with me then I met an American that works for UNICEF and is here for a conference . Lucky guy got to meet Desmond Tutu yesterday , how cool is that ! Anyway we watched a great German win together and made plans to meet and watch the US game tonight .

No I didn't overdo it and get piss tank drunk . I had 4 pints and called it a night ... 

The end 

No comments:

Post a Comment