Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Durban

I am hoping that yesterday was the last day that I would have to wake up so early . The ice time was too early so my goal was to get there by the end of it so I could gather my gear and head off to Durban with Gary . 


When we got to the rink all the parents were there and it seemed confusing because the kids weren't on ice ?!?!? There were figure skaters out there goc some reason ... I'm confused so I rushed up to the change rooms and everyone is getting dressed.  So what am I missing here ! The kids were scheduled to be done by now but apparently the ice time was changed on them the night before . 

At this point I am not even considering getting on the ice ! I am there to grab gear and sneak away to Durban . As I am leaving I am asked why I am not going on ice .... :( ... This was what I wanted to avoid . In all reality I didn't want to head to Durban later and i didn't want to have the hockey smell on me for the ride . Those of you that play know that 1 shower is never enough ... So yeah getting on is out of the question . 

We had to drop my bags at Gary's place as there is no chance to play in Durban which sucks but what can you do ! We hit the road on our 5.5 hour trip with first stop at gas station where I grabbed us some road snacks ;)


Biltong is awesome ! It's basically beef jerky . I had an option of beef or ostrich which I decided to grab beef. ... Gary says there is this great place to get some fresh stuff en route. It was about halfway to Durban and we grabbed a bunch of different dried meats there . Yum ! Oh yeah this stuff is good but I am not sure what animals I am eating ? Pretty sure it's  impala . Wish i could bring some home but I doubt I am allowed to .... 

I could tell we were reaching the coast as the colour of the grass went from yellow to green . It seemed to be getting more tropical . When we arrived we went to Hooters had some drinks and ate some food then began looking for somewhere to stay .... Everything is fully booked ! There are 3 big events on this weekend so Gary contacted his relatives here and we end up crashing at their place . Well before crashing we had a nice dinner then went back out for drinks :( I hit a wall and was falling asleep at the bar which sucks because I kinda wanna have some fun but it's impossible as I can't keep my eyes open . I didn't even finish my beer :( we headed back and I crashed really hard !!!!! 

Of course I wanted to sleep in but here I am typing away at 830 AM as i recline in bed . It's raining out so I am not sure what the plan is but I am happy I finally got an 8 hour sleep in ! Yeah since I left Toronto it has been maximum 5 hour sleeps which is torturing me . I feel a bit tired still but I am sure I will get over it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment