Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 1 of Tourney


I took good care of myself to assure I would be ok to play went to bed at a decent hour and everything but had to wake up early .... Really beginning to despise these early ice times but what can you do . Our first game was against the Cardiff Titans who were no pushovers  we jumped to a 2-0 lead but that quickly dissolved as we really were not a defensive team . 

I didn't play my best game but I did what I could . The third goal that squeezed past me was a shitter from a sharp angle low and it really killed us :( I could feel the air getting sucked out of my team .... We went on to lose 5-2 

Next game was against a mixed team called Team Euro . They jumped on us early and got the lead . There were some crafty skaters with them . One had a nice breakaway goal that left me with my pants off but somehow we got ourselves into the lead ! As I said we are not very defensive and we were missing one of our skaters still . We ended up tying 5-5 . I have to mention there are free beers at the tournament and the atmosphere is amazing :) 

There are some strange rules like each team needs a ref and there is no icing and apparently no penalties too lol ! I forgot to mention that our bus was 15 min late before our consecutive games ... Love the schedule :) next game is in a few hours against local club Ice Barna and we are the legendary grounds of Camp Nou :) unbelievable but not enough to pay the arm and leg to see empty pitch :) 


This should have been a shutout but one of the crazy Austrians on my team decided to score on me ! Really Philip what were you thinking buddy ? It's funny now but I wasn't laughing when it happened . This game decided if we were going to end up in last in our group and we weren't :) we went on to win 3-1 and have our last round robin game tomorrow vs undefeated Ice City from Minsk, Belarus ... Tonight is players party with dinner !


We went to relax for a bit at our apartment and then headed to beach with our retarded taxi driver that couldn't follow the simple request of following the cab in front of us . The service undustry here is full of retards plain and simple :) 


The dinner was supposed to start at 830 and we arrived at 9 with another club . The Perkele Pelicans from obviously Finland . We were first ones there ? We sat back and began to eat after calling organizer to confirm location ?!?!? Like buddy where are you ! The food was absolutely shit and nobody spoke any English . I was bored out of my mind and wanted to leave but didn't have a key so it was pointless to get angry because I just wanted to go home , drop a deuce and crash . I won't do this again . Not having privacy and not having a key to my own place is just wrong and shit . Regardless when we left we fell into a tourist trap with some guy on a bridge , wasted 45 minutes these then finally got home and crashed hard . Tomorrow I have to wake up earlier :( 




No comments:

Post a Comment