Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pilanesberg


My last day in South Africa :( it's been a great experience coming here and I have no regrets about any part of this trip . There is only 1 thing I haven't done up until today that I really wanted to do and that is a safari . I can check that off my list now . 


I have been staying at Gary's place for the last couple days with his family and it had gotten quite cold . Here they don't have heating in their houses like we do in Canada where we really need it but yesterday morning I was freezing and kinda wanted to turn the heat on lol ! We got up early to head to Pilansberg which is about a 2 hour drive from Johannesburg on the way we grabbed snacks for the cooler just to have with us and we headed on our way . 


I was hoping to see some big animals but I didn't have any luck seeing any elephants or rhinos . Apparently I was even luckier to see leopards and hippos which blew my mind away . Along the 4 hour ride in the park we also saw springbok  , kudu , warthogs , giraffes and zebras . No I didn't see a any lions either but the animals I saw were the rare ones which makes me lucky I guess ;) 


We headed back to Gary's and his brother Ashley gave me one of his South African National Team jerseys which means a lot to me ... Thank you ! Then we settled in and waited to watch the Germany vs Brazil World Cup semi final ... Wow what a thrashing . Looks like I will have a great party with the Rainman  Allstars this weekend in Barcelona . Most of the team is German ;) i guess I should start packing soon as I fly out later on . It has been a great country that I hope to visit again soon ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment