Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It's Not All Bad

After re-reading a few of my posts i come to think that i have let you all know the bad points of my trips . Really i just wanna let you all know what i have done that you might not want to do if visiting the places i visited ... trial by error kinda thing so i can be your error :( you know what they say , shit happens but usually i step in it and that's how and why it happens so i can't blame anyone but myself for my mishaps . I still enjoy doing what i do when i travel and the stories get better as time goes by .... i almost laugh now when talking about the pick pocket thing . almost !

I am still happier then a pig in shit over the amazing chance to help out at the South African U20 Development Camp . That for me is tops , even though i did do a bit of bitching about the early starts in all reality that is what you have to do if you wanna do what you really wanna do ... sometimes we have to make sacrifices and waking up at 4 am to go skate with some of South Africa's finest young goalies and skaters and help out how i could was such a pleasure . I will continue following all of their success and hope to see them all represent their country in the future ! Meeting all the people i met there was all due to hockey as usual hockey brings people together :P

When i was in Barcelona what made me happiest was being with my old friends Rainer, Timo , Melanie and Dom . That is really the best reason for me to be in Spain . Going to Europe is always a reunion of sorts for me now and as you all know i go to Europe a lot . If it weren't for Rainer organizing these events i would never get to see and play as much as i do in Europe . Of course staying in the apartment i stayed in was kinda stressful BUT because of this crazy apartment i got to meet a bunch of cool new friends like Philipp and Mr. Love LOL ! just trying to let you all know that really this trip was insane with the most partying and i had a lot of fun in Barcelona meeting teams from other countries is always a huge + also ! Hope to see you guys in Cardiff soon enough .

Travelling with a bunch of Aston Villa supporters was madness times infinity ! I think i am still feeling those crazy jello shots hahaha. The best thing to come out of this trip was the donation we all made to Acorns Children's Hospice which is Aston Villa's choice charity . Thanks to Rick Leong and Kurt Maciej through t-shirt , hat and raffles they raised $4228 to donate on our behalf ... how amazing is that . And i am pretty sure that is in US dollars not Canadian as this all happened in Texas . Great job guys . What a treat it was hanging out with my friends from the Kidderminster Lions who were with me the day i lost Rainer ( look up that post LOL ) always great meeting up with them as it is one of the supporters clubs i am a member of . They take care of me whenever i am in UK ! Also it was awesome beyond belief being there to absorb all of this with my fellow Canadian Villans .... Bert,Philip,Richard,Peevs,Tim and Brian ( too bad you didn't get in on a picture with us ) anyways i gotta get back to work to pay for this all .

Everyone involved with the last few weeks i want to say thank you for the memories , at least the ones i remember right now LOL !






No comments:

Post a Comment