Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Aston Villa vs. FC Dallas


Yesterday started early as I had to wake up at 530 am to get ready to go meet Bert at the airport . Bert is a Villa mate of mine  , we planned out our trip to travel together to make things better . Great guy but it's been awhile since we have met up . So when we finally bumped into each other at US Customs the excitement for this trip kicked into high gear . First thing I did after clearing security was to grab a Tim Hortons coffee because I doubt I will drink coffee stateside as I am not a fan of Dunkin Donuts ... Yuck ! 


We met up with Chris Fetters at the airport in Dallas as he flew in from Seattle and we booked a car together . This is the problem here .... We are staying in Frisco which is literally the middle of nowhere but that's where all the party animals are staying :) the ride from airport to hotel was $90 ... When we arrived at the hotel we found out there was no bar ??? Wtf ! Who chose this place LOL ! Only remedy is to go to a bar. :) 


Oh if you are wondering who is in pic with me above ? That is Villa legend Lee Hendrie ;) so back to the story ... We take a taxi to the Londoner which is a short walk to the pitch . When we arrived guys started hanging their flags and staff at bar took them down. :( apparently asking " would you do this at a Chili's ?" Ummm no you stupid twat ! We wouldn't have a Villa meet up at Chili's ! We prefer pubs ya dumbass .... Regardless before we stormed off things were settled and we hung our flags upstairs ;) 


When we got to Toyota Park we were all half in the bag :) or as we were singing ... On the piss my lord ! On the piss ! Hahaha !! Villa put on a good show on the pitch and we put on a good show in the stands as we sang , danced and drank the night away . Really we showed the fans here how they should support their club !  


After the game we headed back to the pub to celebrate Villa winning 2-0 and we were a bit tired and drunk so Bert and myself caught a taxi with some others and we headed to hotel .... As I said this hotel is in the worst possible location and we have to take taxi to get to hotel . There is no food here so we got dropped off at the gas station across the highway from here ... Yeah the gas station across highway is our only choice for food and drinks ... Pathetic ! Who chose this place anyways ? What were you thinking :( no bar , no food , nowhere close to anything , not in Dallas ! Really hoping Houston is not this badly organized ..... 

Good thing I have a microwave in my room ... Today I am scared to go to Dallaa as it will probably be about $150 to go and come back . Really do I stay at hotel all day or do I go see Dallas ? I mean I am not in Texas everyday so I should probably get ready ... Aside from the ridiculous amounts of money I am spending I am truly having a great time with my Villa family ... So great to see you all !







No comments:

Post a Comment