Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hope to Return


It's always sad saying bye to the wonderful friends I make on these trips . Today I stayed strong knowing this isn't the end of my journey as I am now heading to Frankfurt to catch a plane to Barcelona where I will be meeting the usual suspects ... The Rainman Allstars particularly Rainer , Timo , Melanie and Dom ... Should be another European disaster :) 

Today was a chill day with the Bock family who I owe so much to for taking such great care of me ! You guys really made this trip what it is and I hope to see you all soon especially Gary for taking me everywhere showing me how South Africans live the daily life and yes I know that includes a double brandy with cola :) told you i would mention it . Brandy is not my thing but when someone puts the  bottle to your mouth you drink it ! No questions asked lol :) 

We just went to get some biltong which I pray does not get confiscated from my overweight bags which I had no problem checking in and at no charge too . Awesome ! That means I only have my backpack to drag along . I can't wait to introduce my European friends to biltong . It's like beef jerky I swear ! 

I didn't shed a tear knowing that Gary would call me a pussy which I know he would but I am terribly sad to say bye to a great friend with hopes that I will be back in the blink of an eye . You all have to come here to experience the amazing people and all the unreal things to do . Before I go on I need to thank Andre Marais and the other coaches at the youth development camp without you guys I wouldn't have been able to say I played hockey here . Such a wonderful experience with some really amazing skilled kids . If any of you need or want connections to come play in Toronto don't hesitate to contact me ok ? I already spoke to a few coaches about you guys :) 


I feel like I'm blabbering a bit but really honestly don't hesitate to come to South Africa ... No it's not dangerous and yes it's amazing ! Just book that flight ... Don't hesitate :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment