Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

I Love Durban


Waking up in a beautiful home in a tropical paradise is something everyone should experience at least once in their lives ... Saying that I highly suggest you all visit Durban :) we were lucky to have Carole and Dave take us in for the past couple days . Thank you so much !!!!


Gary's friends were all here for the big horse races this weekend and judging from the stories I heard it would have been a great experience if we would have come the day earlier ... We met up with then all for breakfast at the Ski Boat Club which is a private club which allows guests . Nice place , great breakfast which I am not sure who paid for it but I would like to thank whoever paid :) while we ate we let the rest of the group know of our plans to go to Ushaka which is the aquarium here in Durban and naturally everyone wanted to join us . We all walked over ... It was 10 minutes from where we had breakfast . 


What an amazing place ! There was all kinds of fish and penguins and you name it . I wish we had more time to spend there as we could have been there all day easily but we had to go to visit Gary's cousin Ron and his family . I think if I come back here I would want to do the interactive things like getting in the shark cage or swimming with the dolphins as they have lots to do ! As I said we could easily spend a full day there !


It was nice visiting Ron and his family
but of course time is of the essence and we didn't really have too much time to spend acquainting ourselves but I promise we will have to make more time next time I visit :) his house is so beautiful and I loved his man cave ! Great job on the renovations . 


We made our way back to Carole and Daves to get ready for dinner as we had made reservations at this Italian restaurant called Mamma Luciano's . It's cool there ! The staff wears italian football jerseys and there are Serie A jerseys and rugby jerseys on the ceiling with scarfs everywhere . We went primarily to have some pizza as I haven't had pizza down here yet .... I had these lovely mussels for an appetizer . Wow they were awesome then I ordered a mafioso pizza which was also quite good !!! A bit spicy but very well made and it seemed that everyone fully enjoyed their meals . It gets 2 thumbs up from me :) 


After our delicious meal we headed back to Carole and Dave's place and relaxed watching Oblivion ... I was falling asleep on their mega comfy couch and went to bed before the end ... What a great day . It's a shame we have to leave tomorrow :( I want to thank everyone we met here in Durban for just being the amazing people you all are and I promise that if I come back I will make the time to see and spend more time with you all ! Thank you :( 













No comments:

Post a Comment