Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Bulgaria to Romania


Ok I'm a bit hungover right now but let me tell you it was not super easy getting to this point :) ok it was lol ! Yesterday I woke up after a restless night of nightmares and worrying about my gear drying but really who am I kidding ? My bag is gonna be overweight anyways and I really do need a new set of lighter gear to sling around the world with me . When I finally rolled out of bed I went downstairs to pay my bill for Hostel Elena which ended up being 140 Lev which equals around $110 CDN for 4 nights !!! Man oh man that is cheap :) I had that rolling around in my pockets LOL !!! Went back to my room to shave and pack my gear for my flight to Bucharest . Around 1 pm Tate came to pick me up and we drove nice and slowly to the airport . We were both sad :( as I always say the toughest part of these trips is saying bye and this one was tough . 


On the way to the airport we saw this car burning away at the entrance to a gas station !!! Nobody was even trying to put it out ? In fact people were going about their business like it was normal hahaha ! Interesting .... When we finally got to the airport we hugged it out and we were both fighting back the tears and I started to head to the terminal when Georgi's car started honking LOL! It goes off once in a while and it couldn't have come at a better time to make me laugh and smile at this sad moment . I was at the airport way too early and was hoping to check bags in 2 hours before flight ??? Nope .... Nobody showed up to the desk until 90 minutes before flight.... Obviously I knew I was gonna have to pay for luggage and found out it was 98 LEV so I offered my credit card and they said they don't accept credit ???? I was flying Tarom Romanian . How weird is it that an airline doesn't accept credit ... I was so confused but they waived some fees and I had to go to a bank machine to get cash which I wasn't exactly enthused about since I know I will get a $5 Chargé for with my bank grrrrr ! Life goes on .... 


With my extra money I then grabbed a sandwich in the terminal to eat thinking I wouldn't be eating on my one hour flight .  It wasn't bad and next thing you know I was on the plane ... Being served food LOL! Good thing I ate because the sandwich the airline gave me had some weird pate on it ... Yuck ! But hey at least they feed ya unlike some other short haul flights I've been on . When I arrived the line to go through security was stupid and had no cohesion with people sneaking through each other ... I was at the back of the line and I accepted that until some woman just blatantly walked in front of me ??? I said excuse me are you in a rush and she looked at me and said "I am Romanian " wtf ? I said well I have EU also and she said I am woman ... Is this some joke ? I told her she was rude and she really couldn't have cared less . Ok is this strange or what ? I went to another line and got through before her only to find out later on in the evening that this is normal in Romania to let women ahead of you .... So I'm apparently the asshat for not letting her through ? Talk about equal rights !!! 

Got out the airport and got into a taxi and went on my way to Nebojsa's place . I told the taxi I was dying for a beer and he reached over and handed me one then of course he ripped me off :( this is not new I'm used to it but at least I got a beer for the extra 30 ROM he took me for ! You honestly have to accept these things sometimes .... As soon as I met Nebojsa I threw some laundry in his machine and we headed off to take the bus to a bar to meet his colleagues which one of them was celebrating his bday .... Wish I remembered all your names but it all happened so fast and next thing you know I was buzzing pretty good :p we stayed out until the bar closed then went back to Nebojsa's to make our travel plans for Transylvania ... We are leaving the next day and we don't have a mode of transport yet lol .... This is normal practise in the east :) in the morning we will head to Transylvania ... To play ice hockey and meet some other hockey buddies . I can't wait .... Now at the moment I have an hour to kill so I'm gong back to sleep . Talk soon . Oh and I can't forget our drunken video chat with Georgi ... That was fun :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment