Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Trade


There is a first for everything . Yesterday I left the Rainman AllStars team to play for the Slovakian Bulldogs who apparently I was supposed to play for anyway . On day 1 I was gonna play their first game and skip the second one to go find The Whiskey Robber ( yes I'll write about that later) there is a girl goalie they used in my absence and she's keen to play but isn't that good :( so the Slovaks aren't really interested in using her . 

When I woke up I told Rainer to tell her she will play for him and I will play for Slovaks ... After all i paid and she didn't ! I met the Slovaks in hotel lobby and they were excited that I would play for them as it was a decisive game . Regardless they qualified for playoff because 1 team from their group dropped out . They won second game 19-4 with the girl goalie and now had to play Rusich from Russia with the winner getting bye to quarter finals and a later start . 

When we got to the ice after dressing the girl goalie was there ??? Ok well the guys told her she wasn't playing but she still came onto the bench expecting to play LOL ... I absolutely stood on my head ! Breakaway saves , one timers , even drew a penalty late in game when I stepped to top of my crease to take a hit ;) yeah it was awesome and we won a tight game 3-0 , yes I got a shutout ! 

Everyone was so happy then when I was getting off ice the girl goalie asked if she was playing next game ???!!!! Really ? Wtf are you blind and deaf ? No I'm playing ! As I said that I told her she is playing for Rainer in next game ... She didn't show up for that game until halfway through . What a retard ! No offense to the mentally disabled :) 

I felt bad that I abandoned Rainers team but I had too . There is no way I was gonna pass on an opportunity to play for a team with a shot at winning not after spending so much money and travelling so far so really I could care less if this girl goalie is upset . After Rainers game I bought a round of beers for the guys as they got smoked 10-2 :( they had a 3 on 3 game vs a television crew and then I had an interview for Servus TV . 


We hung out with the Norwegian Penguins and I had the honour of working their bench in a friendly game they played against a Finnish club from Turku . Great guys also ! They gave me a ride on their team bus back to the hotel and I ate and called it a night . Big games today so I wanna be fresh . When I went to bed Rainer was in his bed and when I woke up at 4 AM he was gone ? I found Mr.Backpass in the hotel lobby coming home around 6 AM as I had to go get another room card ... Rainer took mine ! He said he was with Rainer but lost him . It's now 9:30 AM and still no sign of Rainer ....




No comments:

Post a Comment