Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Novi Sad Tournament



Starting to feel worn down from all the travelling over the last few weeks but it's fully worth it . Just sucks totally that my Macedonian SIM card doesn't provide me with internet for some reason ! I blame them for me getting lost again ... Yeah on my way to the rink again I took a slightly different route and found myself in the wrong place AGAIN !!! Damn you SIM card :( if I had internet at least I could look at a map and find my way but at least this time I wasn't too far and found my way to rink by asking one person on the street :) 


We have 2 games today with our first game against my buddies Alex and Uros from Belgrade . They are playing for Drvene Nogice and they had a bit of a short bench . Alex came by my room before the game and asked me how many goals he would score on me today as he put 2 by me last week in Skopje tournament . I went out on a limb and said zero :) .


When the game started we jumped out to a 1-0 lead and we were pretty much the aggressor this game . I gotta admit whenever Alex or Uros had the puck I was shitting myself as we needed to win 1 of our 2 games today to qualify for finals . The period ended with us up 2-1 as they scored a decent goal on me short handed AGAIN ... 2 goals against in 2 games so far and both of them are shorties :( yeah I have confidence in our power play LOL . The second period we were on our heels and they attacked us quite a bit but didn't get too many shots on me thank god because I wasn't playing my best .... Last couple minutes they pull their goalie for extra attacker and they were swarming . Puck was behind my net and the player went for the wrap around , I went to slide across crease and their player in front grabbed my stick ?!?! I couldn't get across and they scored to tie it up .... Bad news , can't believe the refs didn't see it and allowed it :( 

Alas the hockey gods were on our side and we charged down the ice and scored the winning goal in the last 30 seconds to assure us a spot in the finals ;) the way it worked out at the end is that if we tied we would not have made the final as they won their last game by a huge margin over the team we beat yesterday . 


So we have to play last round robin against Telemach and then play them in final so my team told me to get drunk and not worry about this game .... So I did ;) I was also told that this would be friendly game and well it wasn't ... Our team was wasted and they were sober and scored on me in first 2 minutes of game , 2nd goal came soon after when one of their forwards ran me giving me a minor injury . I would be surprised if my team even tried ! We got slammed 5-0 and to be fair I don't think these guys realize it won't be so easy in final . 

Tournament party was after and I was dead beat so I went to hotel for a meal and a quick nap .... And never woke up . I highly doubt the other team went out as they are apparently a semi-pro team . On my way back to hotel I got friggin lost again , man this sucks! 

*real time* I am waiting for my laundry to be returned from hotel , had a nice breakfast and should be ready to compete for the championship today ! I am not gonna go down without a fight .... Let's go HK Gentlemens !!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment