Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Road to Vancouver (Meeting HC team )


The last leg of my road trip had me no longer driving :) but i was pretty wiped out from the over 50 hours i had driven in the last 5 days across Canada . We woke up and headed out to find some coffee and get on the Greyhound bus to Vancouver where i was going to catch my flight to Toronto . It just so happens that the Hockey Community head office is not too far from the bus terminal .... so you know i gotta go say hi right ? of course i did ! The bus ride was relaxing until we got to Squamish where a gang of young (possibly German) girls got on :( Unfortunately the one behind me kept kicking my seat , i turned gave the evil eye and got a sorry with a knock on my chair minutes later .... ARGH! well obviously this person has no etiquette so ... time to lean back with my chair , this way there will be no knee knocking :) and there wasn't . I finally squeezed in a nap and arrived at the bus terminal safely .

When we got off the bus we began to navigate our way to the office and got there in about 15 minutes which isn't too bad . It's unfortunate that i didn't have too much time but i make the most of what i get ... when we got to the office there was no one there ??? I messaged Alex Toul (creator of HC) and he pops out of the office and brings me into their meeting to introduce me to the team . It was great to finally meet them all , especially Amrit since we are both goalies :) I am not great with remembering names in a short span which i am sorry for at the moment because they were all awesome to meet . We had some great conversation mostly with them all asking about where i have played , etc.... Alas it was too short of a stop and i am gonna have to meet up with them all again someday soon hopefully for some ice time ! The office has a great atmosphere and they all seem to be getting on quite well , and may i add they are doing an awesome job making Hockey Community my favorite app/website ! hockey-community.com :) if you aren't on it yet , don't hesitate sign up and join the community . They are doing their best to bring hockey to everyone around the globe !!!! 


As i said it was too short a visit and i had to get going to the airport to fly home to Toronto . Alex was kind enough to offer us a ride to the airport which was great as we had some time to catch up ... i met Alex once before in New York , he's a great guy with great ideas . They recently changed their app quite a bit ... if your league signs up to keep stats with HC then you get these scouting  reports which are totally amazing ! It gives you stats like who is the other teams top scorer and gives his stats and tells you the other teams form in the last few games and your overall record against them :) totally amazing stuff that every hockey nerd like myself would love . I wish my hockey leagues here would sign up with them .... hopefully the ASHL or DMHL is reading :P .... obviously Alex did us a huge favour driving us and we got there early which is always amazing opposed to getting there at the last minute which is usually the case when i am trying to maximize my trip stopping here and there LOL . 



Well this ends my road trip , the flight home to Toronto was great ... i watched Guardians of the Galaxy on the flight , what an AMAZING movie :) took a bit of a nap and arrived in Toronto safely . I have 1 day in Toronto before i start my next adventure to Europe .... which is starting today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment