Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Balkan Style


What a long flight to get here ! Had to fly to Zurich from Toronto then caught a flight to Vienna that was a crazy part as I had 20 minutes to clear security and get to another gate on other side of airport .... A bit of pushing my way through crowds and some luck got me there on time , but did my bags make it ? I asked person at counter to check and was assured it had made it ;) but I've heard that before ....


I was happier then a pig in shit when I looked outside of the plane and saw the baggage handlers open the cargo and the first bag that came out was mine ! Second bag was my sticks ;) it must be my lucky day ! I then cleared security for the third time and finally made it to Skopje . 

Zoki was supposed to pick me up but my flight arrived early so I had to wait near the taxi stand and he showed up in no time . We then checked in to the hotel and went to get me a SIM card ... Not gonna make the mistake of racking up my phone bill again ! Last trip I had a $900 bill when I got home :( 


We had to pick up Jure Vnuk and Rainer ... Yes Rainer decided to come here at the last second hahaha ! As we waited we began to drink beer and when Rainer showed up we dropped both their bags at hotel ( I am sharing a room with Rainer ) and we went to eat a proper Macedonian meal ... Oh it was so good and we had some Raki to make it proper ;) unfortunately jet lag was beating me down and I was passing out at the table so I went to sleep in Zoki's car in the parking lot .

During my 15 hours in transit I might have got an hour sleep . I was dead and next thing you know I am bring driven to hotel by one of Zoki's friends that I met when I was awoken in the car ;p 


When I got to the hotel I crashed and Rainer disappeared ???? I heard him knock and gave him our key and when I woke up in the middle of the night he was nowhere to be found and the key was here ???? Yeah nothing new ... Then I heard a key opening my door and there was Rainer with the night manager from hotel LOL !! I got Rainer into the room and went down to lobby to get a drink and spoke to the manager who was a really nice guy . He said he found Rainer sleeping in the elevator on the floor  with money crumpled up all around him . Ok nothing new , it's normal and he got a laugh out of it ! 

At the moment he is sleeping like a baby and I am wide awake at 4am , his ID card is in the toilet and there is money crumpled and torn apart on the counter ... This is just the beginning of another wild adventure . I am gonna try catching some more sleep to adjust but I think I am gonna have some jet lag problems for the next few days :( 

I think I'm on the ice tomorrow but I'm not sure .... It's Balkan style ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment