Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Last Day in Serbia


Slept like a baby woke up and really chilled out for most of the day until my buddy Alex came to pick me up to take me sightseeing with his car . We drove over to the fortress then past the ginormous Orthodox Church ... After we cruised by the football stadium that local club Red Star plays . Alex is a Red Star fan and told me he won't show me the Partizan stadium LOL ! Fair play buddy hahaha I can relate ;) 


There were some bombed buildings that I saw and was told the people want to keep them as is to show the world what NATO had done to them and honestly it looks devastating . I asked how those days were and it was crazy to hear that those were great days for kids ! No school , kids hung out and played basketball all day and when sirens went off most kids would go to the bomb shelters and would play cards . Not exactly what I thought I would hear but it makes sense from a child's stand point :) 


After cruising the city and getting a quick lesson on Serb culture we went for a coffe where Alex was disappointed that I paid ... It's pretty much traditional to pay for guests here but as a Canadian I enjoy returning the favour . Alex thank you so much for showing me around Belgrade buddy but I felt as though paying a coffee would be a good gesture since you took the time to show me around . Once again it was great meeting up and hanging out ! 


Around 8 pm I went to meet my good friend Jovan for some beers and chicken wings .... Jovan is such an awesome guy. ! We met at Passengers pub and the craziest thing happened while we were there . A couple Brits were there and we were all watching Champions League Footie and I asked them who they support ? VILLA ! No f*#king way !!! That totally blew me away and shocked the shit out of them too ... What a small world eh ? To be in Belgrade and meet another Villa fan ... What's the odds really ? 


Jovan and myself had a great time together talking about everything you can imagine as good friends should and trust me Jovan is a great friend hehehehe ;) as usual that sad moment came when I had to say bye :( yeah I had a great time in Serbia and didn't have a boring moment . I would highly suggest everyone come to Serbia ... How can you go wrong with good people , great food and cheap beer ? Alas I must head to Budapest , Hungary tomorrow but I'm sure I'll be back ... Until then bye Serbia ! I'm gonna miss you . 






No comments:

Post a Comment