Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Santa Claus Cup


So here is the low down . Yesterday we a
started the tournament and headed to the arena for our first game after having a great breakfast at the hotel ... Radisson Blu Beke which is a great hotel ! Our taxi driver was hired by Rainer but it doesn't seem to be such a great deal but it is what it is . There are a lot of shady characters in Budapest and taxi drivers are definitely included . Our first game was against a Romanian team and my team was mostly drunk . Yeah not too impressed :( 


We started off strong scoring the opening goal but after that we seemed to just cruise and we started to fall apart giving up the first goal on a screened one timer from the point . Defense is not our specialty . We went up 2-1 then the craziest shit happened ... I left the puck at the side of our net for a player who I can only explain to be a disaster ! He either lost it or passed it out front for their player all alone in front of goal :( they tied it up then we took a few penalties and actually got a couple break aways which they scored on one of them to go up 3-2 .... With a minute and a half left I started waving to the bench and nobody even responded ??? Do these guys even want to try to win ?!?!? I don't think so ... At the 30 second mark I made the mad dash and nobody responded and in fact I don't even think anyone jumped on ... What a disaster this team is ! We gave up an empty netter and lost 4-2 . The guys weren't even upset , in fact they were laughing and joking which really pisses me off ! I said if things don't change then I will switch teams as there is a serious team from Slovakia begging me to play for them .... They asked me to give it one more game so I did .


In between games I decided to drink some beers as I took the teams stance on not giving a shit about winning but really I want to at least compete . So we have to play a team from Lyon but for some reason I don't hear these guys speaking French ? It's weird but this tournament is so disorganized that it's normal . I will get into that later ... For now we had to play this Lyon team and of course it was the same shit again except my team was drunk and not hungover . We can control the play except for this super weak player on the team that can't take or make a pass ... Really if you are shit then why are you playing tournaments with high level players ? Apparently Rainer thought he would be good based on who he said he has played with ... Heard this story before :( anyways we did ok but this weak guy just isn't making my life easy on this team . We gave up a few breakaways again which I would stop the first shot then the trailing player would pick up rebound for easy goal due to our lack of defensive play ... Yeah I don't have tine to waste talking about how shit we played on this loss ... It was 4-2 at the end and I give up ! Last night after this game I decided to switch teams .... I will now play for the Slovaks who want to win and have a good chance to do so , good luck Rainman Allstars I am done playing this tournament with you guys ! Trade me right fucking now ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment