Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Road to Whistler


Last day of driving ;) today I gotta drive at least 10 hours to get from Banff to Whistler ... Little to no sleep thanks to those dumb chicks ! I think I got 3 hours max . When I checked out hotel management was super apologetic and wanted to comp the room but couldn't as it was booked through Expedia :( but next time I get a free room . 

Feeling really rough I walked to my truck only to find myself boxed in ... Wtf ! Had to get manager and he had to call one of the douches rooms to wake them up to let me out ... After 20 minutes mr doucheroni comes out and moves and no I didn't thank him ! Why would I ? This  guy wasted 20 minutes of my time !!! Now the race to beat the bad weather begins as there is a lot of snow on the way . 

No joke I drove through snow , rain , fog , and wind yesterday to get to Whistler . It was mental but I barrelled through without stopping for lunch or anything . It's either stop and get hammered with worse weather and risk driving at night or push on ... I pushed on. 

The weather seemed to clear up when I got to BC but then I hit the crazy mountain roads in particular highway 99 south ...WOW !!! What a mental drive ... Kathleen was sweating and praying as we drove down these small roads with super sharp turns , good thing there was no snow or we would have been screwed with this UHaul with the tires on it . Regardless I pushed on and made it to Whistler before nightfall and finally dropped off the truck ! YAY .

Checked into my hotel (whistler village inn & suites) and met up with Orest Hul ... I work with Orest in Toronto , he is also one of my buddy's younger brothers . He had a long day of drinking and it was evident when he showed up LOL !!! He had his buddy Jimbo with him and the 4 of us went out for beers and food at the Cinnamon Bear Bar & Grille . I had a pizza and it was fantastic ! Kathleen headed out early and I stuck around for another pitcher ... We were all tired and it was a Sunday after all so I headed back to my room said bye to Orest ( thanks ! ) then hit my bed like a ton of bricks .


This was all yesterday ... I am up early today , jet lag is kicking my ass ! Gotta catch a bus to Vancouver in a couple hours to catch my flight home but first I am dropping into the Hockey a Community office to say hi to Alex and meet the rest of the HC crew.  Looking forward to it . 





No comments:

Post a Comment