Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thessaloniki


Mamma Mia ! I had to get up at 4 am to catch a bus going from Skopje to Thessaloniki ... Bus departed at 6 am but I wanted to take a shower and pack . Too bad the hot water was not working so I skipped the shower and got my bags packed and said bye to Rainer . 

When I arrived at bus terminal I met a fellow that was a Christian missionary that helps gypsies ... Here is the kicker , I was wearing my Jesus Saves t-shirt LOL ! When he saw it he was puzzled ... I guess he saw it and thought I was a missionary too hahaha !!! We chatted the whole ride and he was a nice guy . The ride was very quiet with only 7 people on the bus so it was great and by noon I had arrived in Thessaloniki . 

My plan was to find a money exchange and take a taxi to my hotel .... The problem is that there is no money exchange at the bus terminal ?!?! So ... I went out and asked a taxi driver if he accepts credit card ... No . Ok so where can I change money ? The driver says at the bank and bam I'm screwed ... Walked over to the end of building and called Dimitrios and he was gonna come get me , then someone yelled HEY ! It was one of my Iraklis team mates Dimitri :) he just dropped someone off at the bus and offered to drive me to hotel ... Now that's some good karma . 


He called the rest of the gang and next thing you know they were at my hotel and we all went for a coffee then a gyros....super yummy ! They showed me around town then took me to my hotel where I finally got my shower . We planned to meet later for dinner . 

At around 9:30 pm they came back to get me and we went for some drinks and some food . There was a riot here earlier and the streets were absolutely dead . Everyone was amazed how quiet it was ....  We found this area that was packed with locals though and started on the hard alcohol ... I was getting a good buzz on then we headed off for beer but as I said the city was a ghost town ! 


We just picked a bar and started drinking
beers , I decided to drink the local beer Mythos and it was pretty good . Good enough to keep me there drinking until 5 am . I have a flight at 1 pm and I have been up for over 24 hours . I didn't get too messy but yeah I'm feeling rough now :( 

I should get on my plane now it's about to leave . I am flying to Athens to skate with the local teams there .... Thank you to all my Iraklis team mates for showing me a great time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment