Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Country #29 ... Hungary


Yesterday was a good day ;) Rainer arrived around 9 am but was dead tired which was just fine as I had planned to go for a skate on that monster rink near Hero Square with my buddy Zoltan . So around 10 am Zoltan came by the hotel and we headed off to the rink . We took the subway which is really old and super small . This rink near Hero Square is one of the oldest and largest outdoor rinks in all of Europe and man it was awesome . It costs 2000 forints which includes locker and deposit for the plastic card which is 500 forints . 2000 forints is under $10 Canadian so after getting deposit back it sets you back a whole $7 cdn ;) well worth it though ! Skating there with this giant castle there as the backdrop is pretty awesome. ! 


After our skate we headed back towards my hotel which is near where Zoltan lives so it's perfect for both of us . Rainer is not sleeping but instead on the phone which is ringing off the hook since all teams are showing up today . He's a busy man since he organized everything for  6 teams at this tourney but finds time for a nap as I write my blog . When he awakes we went to an all you can eat buffet which is dirt cheap and down the road , yeah I ate my fair share LOL ! 


We then went to the mall to meet some pro players that play for local club UTE which is the same team Attila Ambrus aka The Whiskey Robber played for .Karol Csanyi ,Miroslav Durak and Jozef Mihalik sat with us and we joked around telling hockey stories while sitting in the food court ... They even offered to give us tickets to their game on Sunday which  I definitely want to go to but were more intrigued to hear about the whiskey robber ;) their coach had played with him so they got his phone number for me regardless I will leave my team mates tomorrow to go find him ... Apparently he is selling ceramics in a town about 100 km away from Budapest in a Christmas Market and Zoltan has offered to take me ;) yeah I know crazy eh ! 


We came back to hotel to visit our buddies from the Norwegian Penguins and they were having a full blown hotel room party . I had a couple drinks but kinda wanted to stay a big sober as I had to split a game tonight with some girl goalie for Slovaks vs Norway game which was a friendly warmup . When our team mates from Finland showed up with Mr.Backpass we had to jump in their van and head to the rink . 

Here is where it gets silly .... The Norwegian Penguins wear white , the Slovak team wears white ... Rainer told the Slovak guys that they will have Rainers jerseys available and yeah it was quite childish when these guys started crying that they wanted to wear their own jerseys , it was pathetic ! How can one team want to wear their jerseys so bad that they would rather play with same color as opposing team ???? It was like a ten year old throwing a tantrum :( I honestly didn't want to play ... Shit like this turns me off big time ! Just before the game started then decided to put Rainers jerseys on but so reluctantly. I started the game made an awesome glove save on a breakaway and pretty much didn't have much more action after as these Slovaks are good and the Norwegians are wasted ;) I let in one goal and then let the girl goalie take over ... She got lit up and the Slovaks immediately asked if I could play for them . I told them I can only play first game , they asked why I couldn't play both and I explained I must leave the city in search of The Whiskey Robber ;) 


 I had a couple beers and we came back to hotel where we were gonna meet our team mates . When I was out front of hotel this scabby looking chick approached me and asked "do you want cigarette ? " I said no then she calmly said " you want sex?" Ummm no . I couldn't even fathom which diseases were crawling around her body :( I wouldn't stick my worst enemies dick in that lol ! After that I grabbed a gyros with Rainer and Mr. Backpass who finally showed up and we called it a night . 

I should probably get some food now since I have a huge day ahead of me ... Searching for Attila Ambrus ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment