Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Last Day in Greece :(


For some reason I couldn't sleep and woke up early yesterday :( went down to the lobby and booked a ticket to go do the Athens open bus tour . Headed to the pick up point and grabbed a Starbucks coffee and waited at the pick up point in Monastiraki . It was early so I caught the first bus and next thing you know I was at the Parthenon . 


Jumped off the bus and headed to the ticket booth where I paid €12 entrance fee which was well worth it ! What an amazing place :) as a child I always dreamt of coming here to see this wonderful site . I was alone which was kinda strange as I'm used to meeting people and doing this stuff . It might be better this way as I took my sweet time wandering around for about 3 hours as I wandered over to the Agora also . 


There was a lot of amazing historical artifacts to see and it was a beautiful day out ... Almost too beautiful as I was sweating like a pig ! I sweat right through my shirt and I probably looked kinda disgusting but I didn't care as I was happy to see all the amazing stuff here . I highly recommend everyone comes here at least once in their lives !!!


I jumped back onto the bus and finished the full tour then headed for a pork souvlaki as I had chicken the day before . I love souvlaki so it's no bother for me eating it both days . In fact those were the only 2 meals I ate here ? Yeah time kinda restricted me as I have ice time and I don't like to eat before I'm on ice ... After I ate I headed to my room for a nap to catch up on the lost sleep the night before . 


I had to make my way to the Ice and Skate rink a bit early to do an interview with Iosif Kapetanidis who is the rink owner and a huge hockey fan . I have to thank him for all he's done for me as if not for him I wouldn't have had the opportunity to play here . On this night I am skating with his club the Ice and Skate team ;) unfortunately Dimitri the other goalie was sick and couldn't make it so Iosif strapped on the pads , unfortunately the wrong way LOL ! It was his first time ever playing goal and he didn't do so bad . It was pretty hot on the ice and we were all dying but still managed to play for 2 hours as I filled my water bottle 3 times to get through this heat . 


After the game we all had a beer and Iosif told me how he he a new found respect for goalies and how he noticed so many mistakes players in front of him make and will put that towards his game in the future as he enjoys playing defense ;) 

I want to thank all the guys I met here in Athens for allowing me to play with them ! As usual the experience was amazing and I hope to see you all in the future ... Stay in touch guys and keep up the great work . I am sure ice hockey will grow here and will be following the progress . Take care malakas :p 







No comments:

Post a Comment