Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Serbia , you're next !


Not exactly a super eventful day . I basically slept in and then took my sweet time packing my bags . Not exactly happy to leave Greece but I have to since I am The Travelling Goalie ;) so the other day I thought about choking my taxi driver for charging me €35 to get me from airport to Plaka ... I'm glad I didn't as I found out that is actually true ! Minimum fare is €35 and to go back from hotel is also flat rate but this time €40 :( these guys must make a killing lol ! 

So I headed out to the airport in my super expensive cab ride and got there safely and went to check in ... For some reason these stupid kiosks don't read my passport ?!??! I kinda don't like this automated bs anyways so I approach the counter smiling of course and super apologetic and get my pass ... Check my golf clubs in ;) yes my golf clubs are free HAHA ! Then I put half my bag on the scale and pay my luggage which is €35 this time with Aegean . I guess they expect people to travel with clothes on their backs ? Whatever ! 

I kept my wits about me cleared security and got on my flight which wasn't so bad considering I got a sandwich AND a chocolate croissant ... The service was great ;) but the 2 hours with no movie or anything kinda sucks ... Flight is cheap so I guess it's a double edged sword ! Good thing I got my iPod touch so I don't kill my phone . 

When I arrive I find out my Macedonian SIM card doesn't work here either ? WTF ! I paid 1000 dinars before I left for what I don't know ??? Thanks VIP . I get approached by a guy asking if I want a cab , usually I say no and opt for meter cab but something just made me say yeah sure and I ended up paying 2000 dinars to get to my hotel , yeah I probably got gipped :( 



Wanna know how I came to that conclusion ? Well I'll tell ya ! I dropped my bag at my 4 star shithole hotel The Belgrade City Hotel ... Argued to get a room on ground floor because there is no elevator and was told I have to pay a tourist tax that wasn't added in my hotel fees ... The room is just a bit bigger then my bag and looks like a bad 70's stylist designed it :( at least it's close to bus terminal . So I head over and book my bus for Novi Sad tomorrow then book my bus for Budapest .... Bus to Budapest is 3000 dinars , taxi from airport is 2000 dinars ?!?!? Does it sound right to you ? Oh yeah if you ever take a bus from here they give you a coin to enter bus ! Don't lose it or it's 150 dinars to replace !!!!

If I continue to think about it I might implode so I decide to go eat . Eating in a restaurant alone is kinda sad so I pass a bunch of places and see a sign with the Golden Arches yes McDonalds . Gonna grab food and scurry back to hotel to eat and call it a night ... Sounds fair but then I get lost , really lost , so lost I had to take a taxi :( get to my room to eat my cold burger and here I am . 

Tournament in Novi Sad starts tomorrow night so I'm gladly gonna take it easy and relax and crash early as I have to look half human for my TV interview ;) yeah I have to go for this interview before my game . I'm hoping all the ice time I've had this week helps me pick up my game , guess I will find out tomorrow ! For the record I haven't eaten McD's in a while and I already don't feel great from eating it .... Damn you ! LOL ;) 


1 comment:

  1. Sleep well at Novi Sad, you must be better than Tuukka Rask at Budapest. Br, Mr. Backpass

    ReplyDelete