Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Lost Rainer pt.2

So i think i left off the story around 5 AM  and technically this another day but realistically i have not slept so it is just a continuation of the wild night . Rainer i now know has picked up his bag from the hostel is trying to get a taxi and hopefully is trying to catch this flight . If he does not come i will have to get a hold of Michael in Memmingen, Germany and we will have to track down my equipment + i am hoping to figure out a place to stay and a ride to Munich for Mondays flight home !

My Ipod Touch is dead and my phone is dead , the last message i got from anyone was from Michael letting me know that he will pick me up at the airport and that i should call him when i land as he is only 10 minutes away from the airport . At this point i am frantically looking for somewhere to plug my phone and ipod in , unfortunately there are not so many outlets out in the open as there are in airports in North America .... so i boarded the plane and no sign of Rainer . No way to contact him , and with regret i fall asleep for the 45 min flight ....


When i wake up the pilot is announcing that we can't land and have to go to another airport???? yeah this is just about the freakiest thing to wake up to hear when you are in the state i am in .... i took a deep breath and looked at the odd looking girl beside me and asked if she heard the announcement and she said no . She must have been in some strange trance or something LOL! I soon figure that it is due to fog , Michael mentioned that they get deep fog in the morning there so it only made sense . I have no clue what the name of this airport was but as soon as i landed i scoured for an outlet to power up my devices . And the shuttle bus' to Memmingen showed up ... the bus ride was about an hour , so i took another nap and when i got to Memmingen airport i finally found an outlet to power my devices in .... only 1 problem , it was in the bathroom just inside the entrance door ..... So yeah i stood there for about 20 minutes with my phone powering up so i could make at least the 1 phone call to Michael . People were walking in looking at me and laughing but none of them really knew what i had been through over the last evening . I am sure that whatever Rainer is going through is worse but this is not something that we had exactly planned to happen :( At this point i am worried for him as i have no clue where he is or what he is up to ... and nobody does .

Michael comes to get me outside the pay area of the airports parking lot and tells me right away that he has got hold of Andreas and he has left my equipment at the arena as they are headed to a game already and he asked if i saw the post Timo made on my facebook wall and i said no everything is dead with no power .Timo is on his way to pick me up !!!! That crazy distress signal i sent out on Facebook the night before was answered . Michael really was like this giant angel for me picking me up at this airport getting my equipment and to top it all off letting me have a much needed shower ... most of my clothes were pretty much dampened from the night before . It must have been 10 AM and Timo was at the door ready to take me to Munich ? i would have figured that this going away party would be cancelled since the organizer was nowhere to be found , WRONG Andrea Baader sent Jochen Reimer (Munich's goalie) a text to let him know Rainer was missing and we still wanted the tickets he was going to set us up with . He replied and the event was still on :)


I was tired sore and tired , did i mention i was tired ? yeah i was tired ! fuck ... i am surprised i did not pass out on the ride from Memmingen to Munich where we met Andrea near her work . I was so hungry and so was Timo so we went to eat at Vapiano which i ate at in Berlin , great food made right in front of you ! i had spaghetti bolognese again and enjoyed it thoroughly .... the girl that made my bruschetta actually worked at Terroni's here in Toronto which is a great place to eat :) The 3 of us sat outside and ate and continuously tried to contact anyone that would have contact with Rainer , to no avail ... he was nowhere to be found , gone vanished ! Everyone i have told this story to up to this point have all agreed that this can not be true this has to be some movie i seen .... no it's not , i wish it was .

After lunch we met up with Alex and Armin ( the Eberhardt cousins ) outside the arena in Munich in the Olympic Park and we went in to the box office got our tickets which were left for us by Mr. Reimer himself ( thanks again ! ) we got to our seats and a couple of us decided to go get some drinks ... everyone was surprised when i ordered a Fanta , yeah i am so pickled from the last few weeks that i can't bear to drink another beer at this point . The last thing i want is to be drunk , again . The game was great it was pretty much a derby match against Ingolstadt which is quite close to Munich . During the game Andrea was messaging Lydia Lanzl who was in the box seats above us , she came down to say hi and hung out between both periods .... all of us know her from playing in these tournaments , she is a pretty good hockey player .

Unfortunately Munich lost but it was a good entertaining game , i struggled to keep my eyes open at some points but that was not due to the game it was all this lack of sleep and everything mixed together . I was actually drinking the Fanta for the sugar to keep me alive :) Then we went to eat at the same Italian restaurant we went to in January , but without Rainer ... we were still all wondering what he is up to ? has he been robbed ? is he in jail ? is he in the hospital ? these were the questions we all asked ourselves as we ate our dinner .... after dinner i said bye to everyone and Timo drove me back to Augsburg to spend the night at his place .

When we got to his place we had 1 last beer together , i got online and as we were about to pass out he gets this phone call ..... it is a taxi driver from London ! Rainer lost his phone in the taxi . First question i ask is where did he drop him ? Driver says that he picked him up at hostel that his friend left his bag at and had to get to airport for his flight and that his bus had to leave at 1 AM from Baker Station . The driver tells us that he told Rainer that it is past 1 AM and in fact it is 3:30 AM and he can drive him to the airport for 100 Euros ( it is an hour drive out of city ) Rainer scoffed at that and told the driver to drop him at Baker Station . I then ask the driver so was he drunk ? Yes he was he was very friendly and kept trying to shake my hand .... Timo and myself both started laughing !!!! The driver noticed this German number that was constantly trying to call this drunk German guy that lost his phone in his cab , was doing the good Samaritan thing by trying to get the phone back to him .....

It is now time for bed ... as i go to sleep i wonder ... what the hell were you doing between 930 PM and 3 AM ??? some mysteries will remain unsolved ....

No comments:

Post a Comment