Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tourist Day in Berlin

There was not so many alcoholic beverages consumed on the evening prior to this so when I woke up I was feeling pretty good ! The moronathon runner left early and I had some room to pack my backpack , we had to lave the hotel ... Which I may say was quite good ... If you ever visit Berlin stay st hotel Memminger and u won't be disappointed ! After our bags are packed we head to lobby to put bags in storage for the remainder of the day .

Time to do some tourist stuff ! We first went on a river cruise ... Took seat up near front of boat and soon after these couples plopped down in front of us ! One if them i will refer to as the river cunt ! She sat in front of me :( as the boat leaves we find out the tour is in German , I don't speak much German so Rainer does his best to let me know what he Is saying :) the river cunt was not too pleased turned around and put her index finger over her pursed lips basically shushing me ???? Yeah ultra rude ... You have to understand I am not some 5 year old child that you would do something like that to !!! Couple minutes later she turns again and I did the same to her :) she didn't like her own medicine and I proceeded to make camera noises and tap my glass on table in front of me just to annoy the shit out of her . Misery loves company and she got what she deserved :) the tour ended and all I really learned was how to piss off the river cunt and honestly I enjoyed it ... Up yours biatch !

Next stop on tourist day was the air balloon . We walked over and got on the air balloon , it was really cool and quite reasonably priced even though it was a 15 min ride it was fun seeing Berlin from the air . Funniest part was watching this old couple spitting off it hahaha , they seemed to be young at heart and nobody was below us , just was nice seeing elderly people having fun :)

Balloon ride ends and we walk over to Checkpoint Charlie . Personally I thought it was pathetic !!! Guards are there waving tourists over to take a pictures with them for a certain price , talk about cheapening a piece of history ... I took my own pic with my iPod touch at a reverse angle , freaked out some people LOL ! They thought I was taking pics of them and they scurried off ! We were laughing ;) just across from checkpoint Charlie was a McDonalds , yeah corporate America really knows how to destroy anything with any value ! We went in for a piss and took off to go see the Berlin Wall , I almost cried there ;( you could feel the sadness amongst everyone there ! It is really hard to understand what and how things were during this rough time in history looking at the pictured and reading some of the stories made it really hard to hold my composure but I did and I am really glad i got to see this big portion of wall that took away so many people's freedom .

We walked around then went to Vapiano for dinner and had some lunguini with bolognese sauce , they make everything right in front of you and it was a spectacular meal , much better then all the fast food crap we were eating ! Did I mention how much I love the transit there ?? Really puts Torontos transit to shame ! You have to buy a ticket from a machine then go to another machine to stamp it , we did not bother ;) we didn't pay lol ... Risk to be taken but we took it regardless .

Had to go back to hostel to get our bags shuffle stuff around in them and head off to Schoenfeld Airport to catch our flight to Iceland ... Upon arrival we met up with  Rudy and Jiri, checked in with no problem at all and boarded WOW air .... I think they call it WOW because stewardess' are all fit to be models ... They were smoking hot ;) flight was good we asked for beer and they told us Gull Beer is 2 for 1 so Rainer and myself grabbed 4 ... Yuck ! This stuff was piss in a can so we gave 1 to Rudy and I chugged the 2 others ! Landing in Iceland we quickly find out it is really cold , there was no security and we walked out of airport with no hassle at all :) our driver was waiting with his sign for us and we quickly departed onto the long quite straight stretch of highway with absolutely no exits ... It was odd ! Arriving at Hotel Fron we meet Timo who has been in Iceland since Saturday , i am sure that I don't have to tell you that we all started drinking and stayed up until 6 sm catching up with one another ....

I got a craving for bacon ... Time to wake up my roommates ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment