Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Amazing Iceland

Yesterday was the big day for touring the popular sights in Iceland . I woke up early knowing that Rainer planned for our bus to pick us up at 830 am . Went over to his room and he looked like he just got to bed :( tried to wake you up buddy !! Ran downstairs and found a couple guys eating in restaurant asked them if they had any clue what the plan was , they thought we were leaving at 10??? As we were talking about it a bus pulled up so I went out to see if it was for us ... It was !!!

Went inside to inform the guys and they all scrambled to tell everyone else ... I ran upstairs to tell Daz and the other Brits ... They were sleeping and confused , Daz needed me to get his money from Rainer so I ran over woke him up and told him we were leaving ! He woke up and said he was coming ... we waited half an hour for him and he never showed so we decided to go on without him :( sorry buddy ( u probably went back to sleep anyway ) ... We were a bit confused about whether we were doing very thing we planned to do or not .

We pack the beer on the bus and we are set to go ! First stop was at this marvellous setting with all these rocks that are in piles everywhere , not too sure what it was but it was amazing looking  . We are already drinking beers at this time roughly 10 am and we were all having fun taking pictures and sharing hockey stories about mutual friends ... It was so much fun ! Yoko seems to be our team comedian and our bus driver Cuma I think we were calling him ?? He was very knowledgeable and was totally amazing.

Next stop was Gulfoss which is the waterfalls , really a beautiful sight to see ... We had lunch there . I had a soup and sandwich which was not cheap but this is expected at these tourist traps :) after that we headed over to the Geysir which again was really beautiful .spent a bit of time there and watched the Geysir blow :) unfortunately for Daz he was on the wrong side during one of the explosions and he got totally soaked ! We all had a good laugh at his expense LOL ! After the Geysir and pretty much the conclusion of the Golden Circle tour we were taken to the Blue Lagoon which is this huge hot spring swimming pool which I am not sure is natural but none the less was a great time with my team mates !!! We stayed for a few hours wearing this cream on our faces as we got drunk in the pool harassing everyone that crossed our paths . Yoko was the life of the party wearing his chicken hat in the pool which drew a ton of attention ! I am sure he had at least 10 people ask for photos with him as people called him chicken head hahaha alas that poor chicken lost his leg and is now being served at a KFC near you ;)

Yoko also told this great joke that I fell for this getting me a ride on the bus ( inside joke ) the guys on the team are all amazing guys and this day out with them all was truly worth making the trip for ... We lost our first 2 games so it was fun time from here on in .... Our day ended at this Viking dinner which was pretty cool aside from the price ... Price is definitely a question when you are here , everything is just crazy over priced but when you are with good friends it is hard to say no to a good experience ... The whole day cost me roughly 200 Euros .... Yes OUCH !!! Next country I will visit is Czech Rep. Which will balance out my trip since it is very cheap there . Our last stop was back to the hotel ... As usual I ducked out to go to bed , I have to redeem myself on the ice tomorrow after the mess I made on day 1 of the tourney :( it still bothers me to this moment that I did not perform the way I should . It is now time for my afternoon nap ;

No comments:

Post a Comment