Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Quiet Ending

Being in Reykjavik for a week leaves you with not much left to do, don't get me wrong it is amazing here but 1 week is the max you will want to stay here . So upon awaking I went to the Laundromat Cafe had some breakfast and racked my brain over what I should do .... The RIFF is ending ( Reykjavik International Film Festival ) . Jiri had been to a couple films earlier in the week so I thought it would be a good idea to find him and ask if he would be interested in joining so I went over to his room. They were actually looking for me too , the guys wanted a nice breakfast so I took them to Laundromat Cafe .

It was much busier now so we stood around waiting for a table ... There was this nerdy looking guy sitting at a table near the window on his own at a 4 seat table , I saw him get up put his jacket on and leave so we swarmed the table and quickly noticed this guy left his iPad there . The table next to us was filled with a Canadian girls team .... Wouldn't you know it, this guy comes back and wants his table back ??? The girls get up so I jumped to there table and this Icelandic guy comes over and says that the girls table is his and he has been waiting longer ... I eye him up and down put my jacket down  and grab a seat :) I then offer him to join us as it is a table for 8 ... He says he has 8 and wants it for himself , I told him NO we were here waiting longer and he quickly grabbed a waitress and she said there are no reservations first to get table has table , I reminded her we had already ordered ... He scowled and I waved him off ( Bye -bye ) when we finally all sit down the nerd at the other table gets up and leaves !???? I told him he was a wanker ... The guy took table back from us just so he could sit down and pack his iPad away ! What a knob , if I see him walking around I might kick his feet out from under him today ... Prick !

I ordered a milkshake and Jiri an myself looked at the film feat schedule , this one film called We Are Legion catches our eye . It is about hactivism and the group called Anonymous ! Sounds great so we head back to hotel and plan when to meet  to go see this movie . Timo ends up meeting with us and joining us . The movie was quite interesting but was about half an hour too long ! I was nodding off at the end of it .... After the movie we met with Rainer (Timo & myself) to have this amazing soup that our British friends have been raving about ! It was really good ;) after that I went to the book store Eymundson to get a film fest poster ... They didn't have any but there were some on the window so I asked if I could have one of those since it is last day of festival , they quickly took one down and gave it to me :) it will look great in the movie room I am making in my house back home !

We all went back to our rooms to relax and planned to meet for dinner ... I went back and packed my bags then headed over to our meeting spot for dinner . Was really happy to see the Brits joining us , Daz was not well the night before and I guess somehow that affected them joining us the previous night . We all went to this grill house and I ordered the ribs ... When they arrived they were cold ! I returned them , they came back warm and I tried the corn and it was cold and soggy ! I complained about it and got a discount and many apologies ... Somehow all of us got sick from our food and we all ended up running to our rooms instead of hanging out for 1 last drink , and that is how most of us ended our stay in Reykjavik :( Alex and the Brits are gone now and it kinda sucks that I didn't get to properly say bye :( guys I hope you all have safe flights it was great being with you all this past week !

Today is our departure later this afternoon ... I am really looking forward to Czech Rep ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment