Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Iceland : day 2 ( kinda)

Once again I woke up hung over ... Had to do my laundry , only brought 4 shirts to wear and they were all getting a bit rank ;) went to front lobby of our hotel and asked if they had laundry service and  they didn't but they did point me in right direction . So I grabbed my dirty laundry and headed over there ( it is a hostel ) and they told me its better if I go to Laundromat Cafe . So back in the other direction I headed to find this laundromat :) on the way I bumped into Jiri whom was wandering about looking for his pick up spot for the tour he was taking ... Jiri has been doing a lot of things on his own ....

Found the place went in and figured out how to work the machines . 500 krowns for wash 150 krowns for detergent and another 100 krowns for 15 minutes in dryer = 750 krowns , I think that is about $8 Canadian , not bad considering the price of everything here . Iceland is not for you if you are one of those cheap bastads ( as the Brits would say ) . Laundromat Cafe has free wifi as most places in Iceland do ;) so I ordered a proper breakfast and sat down to write a blog while my clothes washed ... If anyone ever comes here I would highly recommend the breakfast there ... My hotel room includes this crap they consider breakfast LOL !!! I prefer a real breakfast not a sandwich .

Once my laundry was washed I was messages by Rainer to come back to hotel , by the time I got back he was still getting up??? Yeah I could have went for a wander but instead I was waiting for my roomies to wake up to go eat , which I had just done :) the hotel we are in gave us a room with 2 beds and a couch so I slept on the couch the first 2 nights ( sucked ass) so we asked for a bigger room since the Brits got a suite !!! They said no then moved Rudy & Jiri into a room to accommodate 3 people and they in up in a room for 6 ??? We ask the hotel again to move us and they tell us again that they don't have bigger rooms ....

The day was really a write off due to the events the night before ... Then Alex , Petri , Kalle  , Vesa and Marko show up . Guess how big their 2 rooms are ? Yeah they also get 2 rooms for 6 people each !!! This fucking hotel service sucks balls big time , they are basically lying to us and Rainer is the team organizer ... So if you ever visit Iceland don't bother staying at Hotel Fron the unless you like being treated like shit ! We all went to Falkinn which is a restaurant next door and apparently a place the tournament organizer suggested would give us deals if we wore the bracelets he gave us LOL ... The food was probably the worst food I have ever eaten ;( I had roast beef which was cold and totally disgusting , lets just say dumpster diving is a step up from this shit !!!

After we all ate this totally disgusting food we went to a pub that the tournament said would give us deals on drinks ... Guess again , no deals and nobody from the tournament there , so far I can say the organization of this event gets a D- on the report card ! The food I ate made me ill and I ducked out and went back to my room as I was also annoyed at how poorly the evening was going ... It is now time for my per game meal , tournament starts tonight ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment