Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Berlin - Prague

Woke up in Berlin and had to catch a train to Prague ... It is a good thing we were staying right across the street from Hauptbahnhof ( main station) literally we just had to cross the street ! Our train departed at 10:45 am and it was around 5 hours to travel so we grabbed some food for the ride ... We figured that everything would be expensive on the train and it was as I found out , I had to buy a can of Fanta to wash down the pills Timo had given me to fight this cold !!! The can of Fanta was 2.50 Euros :(

Took a nap for most of the ride , we both needed it ! When we arrived in Prague we had to drag our bags to the hotel which Rainer said was 400 meters which felt more like a kilometre LOL ... I told Rainer if I ever win the lottery I would just pay someone to drag my bags  around for me as that is my least favorite part about being The Travelling Goalie . We dropped our bags and jumped on the transit to go meet our good friend Petr Vrana at the O2 Arena , yes another O2 Arena LOL . Petr had his friend Valeriy with him , Valeriy is this big guy from Ukraine , totally awesome guy !

We were to merry Jiri Sekac's father . Jiri plays for Lev Praha ... Thanks for the great tickets ! We ended up sitting right beside the penalty box and during the National Anthems I ended up on the big screen :) the energy level in the arena was spectacular as Alex Ovechkin and his Moscow Dynamo team were in town ... The game was sold out ! At intermission I was given a gift to go to the VIP area for free food and drinks ( thanks Petr !) . For some reason I thought that intermission was 20 minutes so I showed up 5 minutes into the 2 nd period and all the fans that had to stand to let md get to my seat were calling me Russkie hahaha !!!

I was really amazed by the energy in the stadium ! I was especially amazed to see Canadian flags being waved in the Lev supporters section , yes the fans wave flags , sign and cheer unlike NHL games where people sit and clap :( it was also a treat to see Zdeno Chara play amongst a slew of other locked out NHL players . At the end of the 2nd period it was 0-0 ... The game pace was extremely fast and the skill level was ridiculous good .

Unfortunate Tomas Popperle made a huge error at the beginning of the 3rd period when he went to freeze the puck and for some reason put it right onto Ovechkins stick which he quickly deposited for the only goal of the game . Lev lost but at least we got to see Ovechkin score albeit a shitter goal hahaha . We took our sweet time leaving the rink and decided to gulp more beer at the Gambrinus tent outside , I think I downed 2 beers in less then 5 minutes and the second one did not go down so well ... I projected barf all over the road then went to the bushes in front of arena to deposit some urine LOL when you gotta go you gotta go !

We hopped on the subway which has these super ancient escalators that are so steep and seem to move at light speed . We all went to our hotel as Petr & Valeriy did us a huge favor by taking our hockey bags back to Tachov with them ! Thanks again guys :) after they left in the taxi Rainer and myself decided to go out to eat , we went to this place that is owned by Staropramen Brewery . Ordered a couple beers which we never finished and I ordered a burger which I didn't know would be the biggest burger I have ever seen !!!! It was a 1 lb burger which I ate half of . We payed our bill and basically floated away like the full balloons we were LOL !

Obviously when we got to our rooms we passed out immediately form being so overly stuffed ! What a great night in Prague ... I would highly suggest anyone teading this should go there at least once in your life .... I know I will go back .

No comments:

Post a Comment