Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tournament ends

First thing I did yesterday was going next door to see if Rainer was ok as he was quite drunk when I last saw him .... Good thing I did as I found out our game times were changed !!! Yeah totally retarded I can't believe that this tournament is so bad !!! You never ever change the schedule NEVER ! I would have missed it if I didn't go see Rainer as I was planning to go have some alone time to write my blog over breakfast. Every time I think this tournament can't get any worse it does :( these guys running it don't even play or watch hockey ... Biggest scam for a tournament in the world !!! I will write a blog just about the organizers when I leave Iceland and hopefully people will stop coming to play in it .

All the breakfast joints and restaurants are closed until 10 so I came back to have a sandwich for breakfast ...shitty ! A few of the guys were there too and I was in a cranky mood over our changes game times and I told them I was not really interested in playing , in reality I just wanted to get this shit tournament over with . We pack into our bus and head over to arena get dressed and play our 3rd round robin game and we lose 3-2 ... I played much better but had some problems with my teams defensive play  as all the goals were scored because of a lack of coverage . So we were 0-3 and in last place so our next game was immediately after , yeah 2 games in a row ! We had to play the team we played against in our first game ( we lost first one 5-6 ).

First shot on me was a breakaway which I saved and actually this ended up being my best game of the tournament ;) unfortunately it was too little too late :( playing for 3rd place is not what we came here to do ! The team we had was much more skilled then the other teams for some reason we just didn't gel on the ice until the last game .  We won the 3rd place game 5-1 with their only goal coming off a shot that missed my net and an uncovered guy on other side potting the empty netter ...  At least we did not come in last ;) with a 1-3 record here I am still a bit disappointed and so was everyone else. What can you do ? Thems the breaks .

After the game we had our "banquet " LOL !!! Us and the other team went upstairs for a buffet ... BRUTAL !!! We were hoping for something in a restaurant or something ? You would think we would based on how much we payed ... But with this tournament we should expect the worst . Some teams didn't even bother , and to boot we had to buy drinks to wash down the food . If you are reading this and you run a tournament take note as these are the things you should not do unless you are just some scam artist . Even the trophies were risky dink shit ( i have our team trophy and I promise not to break it this time ) .

As we were eating we were told we had to leave !!! So we went out to get on another bus , the douchebag team from Winnipeg was on it so I complained and said aren't these fuckers supposed to be eating upstairs... Barry the knob organizer wanted us to squeeze guys onto the bus with other team and I said no way get us our own bus NOW so he got one of his bitch boys to drive us to our hotel ... My team mates were not so fortunate as they waited close to an hour to get a ride back :( when I got back I went straight to bed ... After 2 games in a row and all the stress from this shit tournament I needed a cat nap ....

When my alarm went off I grabbed Timo and we went to get mix for our alcohol . I had a bottle of Bombay Gin and that went fast , got pretty buzzed and we all had an awesome time laughing singing drinking and joking in room 407 ( the Finns room ) for some reason our British team mates avoided us ? Not sure why ... I went to their room and told them where we all were and they said they are going out to eat ... When we left the room to go to the English pub we saw them sitting in a bar on their own ??? The pub was fun we all got to say bye to Vesa, Kalle ,Petri and Marko ( mr. Back pass ) they had their flight at 6 am this morning !!! That is why I don't understand why the Brits totally avoided us ... On my way back to room they were still in that pub and Rainer was texting them to join us but they just didn't !!! It's a shame they did that but to each his own ... I am a team player so I wanted to say bye and have one last night out with the Finns . I hope you guys have a safe flight .

I think it is almost bacon time , today is my last day in Iceland and I highly doubt I am going to do something lame like whale watching LOL . I want to absorb some more of the culture and food today while not falling into any tourist traps ... I have fed this economy quite a bit on my stay . You are welcome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment