Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Tachov 2012

After a fun night in Prague , had to wake up and head off to Tachov . When I got up Rainer was already awake ??? Apparently my snoring kept him up LOL ! So I went off to get a coffee and let Rainer sleep until 10 am ... The train we had to catch was not until 12 so that would give us ample time . I went around the corner and found this cafe with free Wifi , it was called K Cafe . I ordered a cappuccino and seriously it was the worst coffee I have ever had ... By far! It was like water with this foam but not a creamy foam more like air with no taste to either the coffee or foamy substance that ended up looking like soap film at the end :( so I bought a canned drink and let that coffee ??? Sit and rot ...

When I went back to room it was 10 am , told Rainer to wake up and u jumped into shower . When I got out he was still sleeping so I asked him to get up again and he asked me to ask reception if we can stay until 1130 , no doubt he just wanted to sleep more ! Reception was friendly enough to say NO and in fact we have to leave at 1030 and it was now quarter to 11 :) so I gave Rainer the bad news , he packed and we left our bags with reception as we went for a stroll ,

Walking around the corner we see all this commotion on the road as it is blocked off ?? Walking closer we see that it is a green peace protest ... Some loonie bin scaled a wall and was on roof top with his flags hanging from side of building . I have no clue what they were protesting but there were a bunch of them running around with their yellow green peace rain jackets on ... We watched as a fire engine raised 2 police officers to roof top to arrest this "martyr" . Quite the show .

We had to eat and of course our timing was off so we grabbed our bags and went to the train station to get our tickets and eat some Burger King ( yeah I know lol) so we get on our train and we are off to Tachov ... Rainer slept for the whole ride . It took us 3 hours and we arrived in Plana . Petr met us there and rushed us straight to the arena for a game ! When we get there we have a coffe say hi to the guys and grab out gear from the storage room that Petr put out bags in the night before . We were skating with an NHL team ;) the hobby league here is called NHL !

I skated with yellow team while Rainer , Petr and Valeriy skated for the other team . I had a pretty good game only giving up 6 goals in the 90 minute scrimmage ... Petr scored 3 of their goals on me , he has a knack for being open in front of net and unmarked , Rainer got a goal at the very end of the game after I stoned him a few times and even on a break away ... the big defence man Valeriy didn't score but left me with some bruised ribs on a riser that caught me between my blocking arm and chest protector ! Thanks Valeriy ;)

Checked into our rooms after , I have a room to myself ;) myself and Valeriy went to the river restaurant ahead of the others and I find out he has been living around here for about 3 years and has never eaten at the River , boy he's in for a treat ! The food there is excellent and I already know what I am ordering ... The mix grill is pork,steak and chicken with french fries and 3 different sauces all amazing , Valeriy orders the same thing and we add a salad each . I can see right off the bat that he is loving the food and I ask him ... So would you bring your wife here ? He says I was just thinking about that with a big grin ;)

Of course we finish our meal and Rainer shows up (late) and he orders and Valeriy leaves so I sat and watched him eat then we order some dessert as Petr is about to show up . The dessert was crepe with ice cream and whipped cream and strawberries ... MMMMM!!! Pete had a couple beers and we walked over to the bar below his apartment ... It is a 24 hour bar and I was by far the only sober person there . Rainer looks at me and says I must go somewhere I will be back in 2 minutes , yeah sure . At midnight it is my bday I tell him and he says he will be back . He never came back he fucking ditched me ..I pay for his drink and leave the bar alone in the dark and find my way back to the hotel , great way to start my bday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment