Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Iceland

I am sitting in a cafe now in Reykjavik doing my laundry , having a cappuccino and writing my blog as I peruse the menu for bacon , and yeah I have a hang over ... Figure I will catch up on my blog while I wait for my clothes to wash ....

So yesterday we ( myself , Rainer & Timo) all woke up and shuffled off to see the city ... It is absolutely stunning here and if you are one of those guys that are scared of the cold then it is your loss :) everyone should come see this amazing country and to be honest what I saw yesterday was shit all , from what I hear I might get to see some jaw dropping sights here . When we got our heads straight we met with Rudy and Jiri whom are staying in the room directly beside us . We all walked down to the water front to see this giant amazing structure called The Harpa , it is the theatre here . We were all compelled to go look inside and get out of the crazy wind that was practically tossing us about .... The place is really cool so we sat and had a coffee , warmed up and headed off .

Timo has been here for a few days so we let him guide us around , taking pictures of everything on the way :) wish I could post them ... iPod touch doesn't make this possible , if I get the time I will do a photo blog of everything leading up to the day I make that post :) we went to Cafe Paris where I had this really really good steak sandwich then we went next door to the pub next door called Gorillan to see if we could watch Bayern Munchen champions league game , and we reserved ourselves a table. We wandered around a bit then went to our hotel room to regroup and wait for our British team mates to arrive....

We headed over to the pub to watch the match which Bayern lost :( while there we ordered chicken wings but they were more like chicken fingers so kinda disappointed but good enough ... The beers made everything better and then out mates showed up. We were asked to go downstairs and that is when the party began ! There was a singer there performing and he was awesome ! We all had an amazing time , then the tournament organizer ( Barry ) showed up and started drinking with us , there were locals buying rounds of this awful alcohol for us and we all got pretty done in ! Then wouldn't you know it I go outside for a smoke and I hear a Canadian accent .... I shouted out "do you play hockey " , they were 2 women both from Toronto and yes they are here for the tournament ... They were actually looking for Barry, and it is a very small world as 1 of them knows a bunch of people I know back home . They were both friendly and we all hung out singing , dancing drinking and having fun ... Good clean fun , get your mind out of the gutter !

I called it quits around 2 AM but I am sure the rest stayed up much later .... My clothes are in the dryer now so I should probably get going ... Today my great friends Alex (Germany) Petri (Finland) and Kalle (Sweden) will all arrive and I have no doubt it will get crazier then you can imagine .... Can't wait . I think I will need a new liver :) anyone have a spare ?

No comments:

Post a Comment