Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

This Is Killing Me !


The last few posts that I've made were all about me trying to organize my trip to Europe and how they change . This trip was supposed to start in Serbia going to Belgium then Czech Rep. & Slovakia .... it then turned to Czech Rep. , Slovakia , Holland and England .... at one point i was looking at Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland too ! Well that all went to shit when Kathleen had a bad accident on her trip :(


It was a bit crazy but i was not supposed to see Kathleen for 2 months as she went off to Italy,England and Jordan for a month long trip with friends and family . It took her a lot of time and she had booked her flights,hotels and tours  and was actually off enjoying her trip when this all happened ... About 2 weeks before she was supposed to come home (and i was supposed to leave) i was on set working on a televisions commercial and i knew she was supposed to be flying to Germany to connect to Jordan with it all starting in London ,England . For some reason she didn't call or post anything online or message me ???? It was strange but i was busy so it didn't consume me but the thought did cross my mind if she was OK or not ....

Around 9 pm local time here in Toronto i am starting to wrap gear out of our location and for some reason i looked at my phone and saw a Facebook message from her ... i stopped working to check it and to my horror it was Kathleen saying she was in an accident and is in a hospital ... WTF !!!! I dropped my gear and messaged her to call me or facetime me and next thing you know there she was on my phone with both arms in slings .... OMG ! She tells me she was going for a coffee with her sister (who was supposed to go to Jordan with her) and on her way to the cafe she went to cross the road at a street light and she was hit by what she at first thought was a car .... it ended up being a cyclist on his bike who ran a red light and ploughed her over !

This was a Friday ... i was well on my way to booking and being fully prepped to head off for my month long trip . I had enough work booked to cover any bills i incur on my travels as i usually overspend LOL ! If i never had received this message i probably would have booked my flights the day after on the Saturday ....but that all changed . The idea of leaving Kathleen here with 2 broken arms on her own did not sit well in my mind ... so i had to do what anyone else would or should do ... i cancelled my trip :( ... probably the worst fucking feeling you could have . sorry for cursing but that is just how i feel about it all ! Its like my bloody heart was torn out when i made that decision but this is the kind of thing a man should do for his woman . Yeah there are other trips but this was to go celebrate my good friend Rainer's 10th anniversary of running tournaments ... and let me tell you , its happening right now and i am receiving pictures and messages and i know in my heart that i am missing the time of my life but this is bigger then that ....

The story doesn't end here .... the cyclist did not stay at the accident and took off without leaving his info ! Kathleen had a broken elbow which required emergency surgery so a nurse from Toronto was flown out to London , England to go retrieve her and bring her home to have surgery . That day she came home i had to leave another job ... mentally i have not been to keen on anything aside from taking care of Kathleen and it really all kicked in when she was flown home . The day after she arrived i had to drop another job and the week after i had to drop a week's worth of work also .... Even if she was ok now i couldn't afford to go because i had given up about $2500 in lost work to take care of the person that needed me more then work did ... yeah i am sad even writing this thinking about this ... its been rough . Honestly if you didn't know that i pay for these trips on my own then now you do .

Kathleen had her surgery and has a bunch of gruesome staples holding the plates and bolts that are in her arm now thanks to the speeding cyclist that i hope got to where he had to be in such a rush ! (sarcasm) I am back to work now , she still can't lift anything and i am still taking care of her the best i can ... these have been pretty rough times :(

I hope that all my friends have fun at the tournaments i was supposed to be at ! Congratulations Rainer on 10 years of amazing tournaments :P and i really hope my buddies can sell the IIHF tickets i had bought or I'm in the hole for $230 ... yeah through all this i might have to pay :( hopefully i get some brownie points with karma and someone buys them . Hopefully i can save up enough cash to take off to England to watch some soccer and drown my sorrows at the end of next month as i really need to get on a plane ... the urge never leaves .  

No comments:

Post a Comment