Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Getting Back To It

The last few weeks have been pretty crappy but things are looking up :) The fact that this guy that ran over my girlfriend will probably never be caught , really does not sit well with me . Not at all ! It's been tearing me apart inside ... If you are reading this and have no clue what i am talking about then read my last post . This guy abruptly ended her trip and put her in the hospital , at the moment she is happy because she can bend her wrist a bit ... which is terrible , i mean for me it rips my guts out seeing her this way . Laws need to be changed ... too many cyclists are getting away with murder ! 

This all being said she wants a new bike because she enjoys riding her bike and sailing , which are both things she will not be able to do this year :( that reality has not set in for her yet , and it sucks because i know she is tough and won't let me know how it bugs her . Things aren't all so doom and gloom but i am more of a realist then i let on . Enough of my bitching .... 

It is said that after every storm comes the sunshine , or sometimes you have to go through the bad to get to the good ... well i guess so ? As most of you know i am a huge Aston Villa Supporter , yes i know this has nothing to do with hockey LOL ! My team has made it to the FA Cup Final which is bloody huge . Getting a ticket was like striking gold as all the season ticket holders had first crack at the 25,000 tickets allotted to Aston Villa fans . I already bought a ticket for the last game of the season vs. Burnley as i am going to visit family in Birmingham .... going through this stuff with Kathleen has brought me to do some reflecting and i figure this is a good time to carry through on a promise i made 10 years ago !!!! So i am taking off next week .

When i left Amsterdam 10 years ago and ended up in Birmingham with my family there i had promised my Aunty Carmen that i would one day bring her a bottle of ice wine from Canada , she loved the stuff so much ... now i have been to see her a few times since and i never brought her that bottle :( . It's because i was always stopping off in Birmingham at the end of my trip so i didn't want to smash a bottle over the other 3 or 4 weeks of travelling with it ...I'm sure you all understand LOL .Anyways my uncle and her husband had passed away a couple years ago and she hasn't sounded too energetic of late ... so i think this will lift her spirits :) i won't just take her 1 bottle ... i will take her 2 ! 

This all really started to give me the idea to go to England to see her , go watch a Villa game then get back home ... but as usual things change right ? I mean this shit with Kathleen caused me to cancel my trip which has caused me more bullshit then you can imagine :( Then next thing you know Aston Villa qualify for the FA Final vs. Arsenal .... wouldn't you know it somehow i come across a ticket ? no joke ! i guess this is that good sunshine stuff i was talking about earlier ? So this fellow named Matthew had a spare ticket that he wanted to give to a foreigner ... I'm a foreigner ! I'm glad i didn't book my flights already ... i mean i waited to see if i got a ticket for FA ... which is odd because the game is in London which is where Kathleen was run over by that cyclist ... should i go hunt the bastard down ? LOL ... probably not hahaha . 

Here is the silver lining to this all . After i come back i am hoping to take Kathleen to Spain . After all the shit she has dealt with i think that some sun and drinks will be good for her on her birthday . For those wondering , she is still in quite a bit of pain from her surgery . Her arm looks gnarly . But she is in good spirits . I just wish the cops would catch this guy and charge him . But that's just me ....

No comments:

Post a Comment