Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Goldfinger


Just got on a bus to head up to Sheffield so hopefully I have the time to write about my last couple days ... Tried this morning but it just wasn't happening for me ... you must bewondering who that dude is with my magazine ? Well that is my good ol hockey buddy Darrin Pfeiffer ! 


Pfeiffer is also in a punk/ska band called Goldfinger !!! When I was looking for stuff to do in the UK I found out that his band was touring here and I checked the schedule and noticed that they were playing in Wolverhampton on the Slam Dunk Festival tour so I asked him if I could score some passes and he said yeah sure so I got him to put me and Karl McNelly in his list ... He knows Karl also as we all used to play hockey together so it was a great excuse to meet up and catch up and see his show . 


Pfeiffer put both our names down with a +1 for each of us . Karl had his buddy Richie join us and I couldn't find anyone else so when I got to the pub near Karl's I offered it to the bartender (Ben) and he was ecstatic to use the pass ... I never met the guy before but I thought he would appreciate it :) you gotta do cool shit like this once in a while . Karl showed up and we headed over to Wolverhampton ! 


We got to the festival which was half outdoors and half indoors ... It was a good setup with booths for vendors everywhere and generally the crowd was down to earth . We met Pfeiffer at his merch booth then left the festival to go sit in a pub and hang out ... This is when I realized how famous he was LOL ! Couple guys were all excited to see him and they got pics with him and everything then asked if we were in the band too ... Sorry for the disappointment guys (Matt!) ended up hanging out with the guys after and during Goldfingers set hahaha :) 

We headed inside to the stage where they were performing and when they came on the mosh pit kicked in ... And of course I got right in there with Karl and Richie throwing people around slam dancing to some one seriously awesome set !!! Still singing the songs to myself 2 days later . I had a fucking BLAST !!! Sweat my balls off and got a great workout jumping up and down for 45 minutes ... I'm not just saying this because Pfeiffer is a friend but that was one of the best shows I've ever experienced , you could feel the energy in the air ... It was so electric ! 


After the show we hung out with the band as they did their autograph session ... All the guys are really cool to their fans and their fans really love them . After a few pics with them all we headed back to the pub to continue just chilling with Darrin ... They had Brooklyn Lager on tap ... Well they did before we got there as we closed the pub that night then Pfeiffer had to get back on the tour bus so we walked over with him and got some posters signed by him and said our good byes ... What a sick night that was ! 

I just wanna say that if Goldfinger wasn't in town i would have went to another show in Nottingham to see my friend Niva with her band Dearly Beloved and Neevs I did tell Pfeiffer you guys said hey :) I'll catch you guys on tour someday soon I'm sure ! 

That was one hell of an amazing day meeting some cool peeps , hanging with old hockey buddies ( Pfeiffer couldn't believe that I didn't have my hockey gear ) and most of all I still can't believe this 40 year old beast was slam dancing the night away ... Only at a Goldfinger concert ! Good luck on the rest of your tour guys :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment