Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Will My Bag Get Lost ... Again ?

Alright so this was the day i had to fly home .... what a long disgusting flight . I had to get up at 430 AM , shower and get outside for 530 AM to meet Khalid . Yes this guy really treated me like i have never been treated before . When he rolled up Sayid was with him , that put a smile on my face . Sayid grabbed my bag and rolled it out for me with a big smile . We got into Khalids ride and drove off .... goodbye Hotel Mercure , your service and hospitality was bar none . If you are in Rabat you should check out this hotel http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-2962-hotel-mercure-rabat-sheherazade/index.shtml .

So the ride to the airport seemed shorter , we were kinda quiet and i could feel both Khalid and Sayid were sad to have to do this . I was quite sad too , you have to realize this is the first country i have decided not to drink any alcohol ! Believe it or not , it was one of the best experiences i have had . I mean next time i will try the beer cause i kinda regret not bringing any back or trying any but the whole idea of being sober for 5 days in a foreign country seems kinda alien to me :) At the airport i gave Sayid a tip , he questions it and really didn't want it ... i wanted him to have it . Not for anything but i never had the chance to at least buy him a coffee :)  So we arrive at the airport , meet up with the guys that dealt with my broken/lost sticks and they can't help me with my flight as it is Air France .... for some reason everyone cringes when i mention this airline ?

I had to pay 900 Dirhams for them to carry my bags , again i would hope that paying would assure my bags arrival . But knowing how this trip has been i am almost 100% sure that my bag will go missing for 2 reasons ... i am flying through CDG Paris and i am flying Air France which really is one of the worst airlines i have flown . Ok whatever bag is gone , have to fill out paperwork and i say my good byes . Not to forget i took a break from all this paying and dealing with blah blah blah to have 1 last coffee with my friends . We stepped outside ... last time i looked at this beautiful country :( When i got to the gate i could see both my friends welling up , i was pretty sad too ! Its always hard saying bye to good friends .

So i clear security and get on my flight to Paris , still thinking that there is no chance my bag arrives in Toronto with me . The flight to Paris sucked of course , no movies for 4 hours ...breakfast was a piece of bread with cheese on it and a choice of water,tea or coffee ... wow can you cheap out any harder ? oh well i get to CDG and have to catch a bus to another terminal . Of course the directions pointed out are not always so accurate and i waste 10 min in a lineup i shouldn't be in LOL . Pick up the pace i want to buy a bottle of booze for the cabinet at home .... finally get to Duty Free shop grab a bottle line up to pay and i see this evil looking old french woman all done up like she was the queen or something . Anyways she buds in line , as she is looking in her purse i put my bottle down in front of her , she says blah blah blah to me in french and i told her to open her eyes ... LOL i then paid while she spoke jibberish and nobody paid attention to her . Au Revoir :P Why do i bump into all the crazies ?

Finally i get to my gate get on Air Canada flight to Montreal and i end up sitting in a middle row seat of 4 sitting in the middle with something beneath my seat so no space to move legs there ... yeah it was tight , i need to lose 50 lbs to be comfortable on this flight , damn ! So in my cramped space i got to watch movies :) and my food was decent enough even though i ate it in a very unconventional manner LOL . Then i notice the girl beside me doing the crazy rock ! You know when crazy people are sitting and they are rocking back and forth like they are in a rocking chair ? yeah she was doing that ... jeez please why , why me . she had the urge halfway through flight to get her luggage and put it by her feet . Yeah she was encroaching on any available space i had to move :( she covered it with her jacket because as crazy as she was , she knew what she was doing was against the rules . Honestly i tried to make eye contact with flight attendants to rat her out , i am glad they didn't think i was signalling for something worse now that i think of it LOL .

Flight lands in Montreal , i get asked some ridiculous questions like when did i book this trip , etc... and i am off to wait for my luggage , i waited for 45 min . My flight was taking off at 4 PM and it is now 3:45 and i have to report my luggage missing .... I KNEW IT !!! ok so my bag is lost and i missed my flight .... have to go to another desk and get another flight booked . i am on next flight , but when i arrive in Toronto i have to go to report my lost bag. I was put in an emergency row with a lot of space and i was comfy , watched some tv and next thing you know we were landing in Toronto .... problem is now that the gate won't attach to the plane , so we sit on the plane another 20 min waiting to get off . YAY ! Finally get off go to report bags and there is a lineup , about 15 people ahead of me ... ok this is gonna be another half hour , easy ! Finally get to the counter , find out my bag is in Paris . The guy at the counter was funny and said i should never ever fly through there again , just as the guy in Montreal said also ... he also tells me my bag should be home in 3 or 4 days .

When i finally exit airport there was Kathleen waiting in the Tim Horton's lineup , grabbed a double-double and headed out into the wintery weather in my home city . my day started at 430 am in Rabat and i arrived in Toronto around 730 PM which is 1230 AM the next day in Rabat .... yup 20 hours . I am home now this all happened 3 days ago , my bag is still on vacation and i am still totally jet lagged .... time to start planning my next adventure ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment