Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Road to Rabat


I have no clue what time I woke up all I know is that I was still totally drunk ! We had to drop Karhleen off first as her flight to Toronto left before my flight . Timo drove us to Munich then the both of us went for a coffee in Freising to kill time . I knew Timo was in rough shape too so I told him to drive me to the airport and I can wait for my flight .... Before he dropped me off I took the picture above , just in case the airline lost my gear :( 

I waited at the airport then checked in ... Had to pay 55 Euros with a 3 Euro fee because I paid with my credit card . You would think that would guarantee my gears safe arrival .... WRONG !!! I flew to Casablanca and I highly doubt my sticks joined me . 

When I arrived in Rabat my sticks didn't ... I was upset . This can't possibly happen twice in the same trip ? After all these trips my luck ran out . I filed a report and found out that they won't even deliver my sticks to me ??? Lufthansa did ! But Royal Air Maroc won't . 

I walked through security and met Khalid :) then everything changed :) Khalid is the president of the Moroccan Hockey Federation . He took me to my hotel and began to explain how things are here , then offered to take me to dinner .... First meal in Africa was at a Vietnamese restaurant . Morocco is a very open country , not what you would expect. People are very friendly (so far ) and as I was told it is a nation open to everything . Don't believe what you hear about it here , it's safe . 

After dinner Khalid took me back to my hotel and told me to be ready for 10:30 am , he will pick me up to show me around . 

So finally I am caught up with my posts , tomorrow morning I will write about today ... Lets just say it was beautiful . If you are reading this don't hesitate to ever come here for a visit . Morocco is beautiful . 

No comments:

Post a Comment