Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Still no sticks


Well here I am lying in bed ... My last day of this great adventure :( yesterday I met Khalid and we went on a wild ride of a day ! He was very busy working on the Moroccan National Team status here , we went to a bunch of government offices to get signatures and it was really amazing how influential Khalid is here ( I will talk more about this great man when I arrive home ) we met a bunch of politicians , police chiefs and really honestly it was pretty cool . 

After running around we met his uncle and went to his friends garage . His friend recently had a car accident and had a whiplash , collar on ! We went out of the city to eat some tajine . Traditional food , unfortunately there was lamb but I still dipped in for the veggies ;) very good stuff! After lunch I was stuffed ... Drove back to garage and then went to visit Khalid's mother , family is an important part of life here . 

We heard there was somewhat of a tsunami so we went to the beach near Sale , it was crazy . So many people standing there watching the ocean going wild . I personally have never seen waves so big . Police were there keeping people away from water , TV crews were there and there was rocks all over that were thrown from the water ... Also saw a couple of boats that were pushed onto the beach and were flipped over !!! 


After that we had a coffee and made our way to the rink ... Yeah without my sticks :( looks like Royal Air Maroc will have to buy me new sticks and bags ! Anyways my gear was locked in Hassan's room , he is the teams coach . He was a bit late and we all got on ice late :( before we got on he asked me to run the practise ! 

Now usually I work with goalies so this was new to me . I started with a skate , then stretches then some passing drills . I really hope it helped . Kinda felt bad because Nathan ( the goalie) was kinda bored , and I am pretty sure he wanted some more pointers but as I said I was running drills so I couldn't focus on him ... Sorry Nathan. The rest of the guys enjoyed it though , or at least I think so . I made them skate a lot !!! And I ran the drills a bit too long :( as I wanted to have a longer scrimmage . 

After the skate we took some pictures and got off ice . All the kids were thanking me and joking around ... I gave my water bottle to this really young kid that was quite good !!! He was happy :) I also had a Leafs toque which I asked the group what team was the best ? Everybody answered the wrong answer except 1 that called out the Leafs !!! He won the toque . Then I asked him to go to Khalid while wearing it LOL , he is a Habs fan . Khalid knew this was my doing and the youngster said sorry uncle to him .... They call Khalid uncle as a sign of respect . He deserves all the respect he gets and more . 

Well I should get ready to meet Khalid , today is my last day. I am really going to miss this place and I am already working on coming back .... If you ever consider coming here don't think twice this country is totally amazing :) I hope next time I come all these kids are still playing and progressing with their skills . Also hoping the organization keeps growing . I want to thank Khalid and Adil for asking me to come here !!! Don't worry I have plenty more stories to share ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment