Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Augsburg Panthers


My last night in Germany was absolutely epic ! Let's start a bit earlier ... We woke up at Timos and headed into the city for a late breakfast, of course I had bacon ! What a treat , great food . Then we walked around and grabbed a cappuccino . On our walk we stopped into a hockey shop called Ziegler Eissports . Timo knows the owner and introduced me , we had a good chat and talked about my gear going missing lol . The staff there was great and all friendly , ended my visit by buying a new Panthers toque . 

We went back to Timos and I began packing my bags . We were waiting for our good friend Melanie to come meet us as she was coming to the game with us . When she arrived we headed to the bus to meet Tobi as all 6 of us were going to the game together.... My first time watching the Panthers :) 


We got to the rink early and I met a couple injured players and got pics ( they are on camera not on phone sorry) then we headed in to go to our table . #29 all the way in the corner ... Mysteriously it was the only one with a table cover , a Jaegermeister cover ! Hahaha !


What a view we had ! Then the game was about to start and Michael Wolf showed up near our blocked entrance ... Did i mention it was all you can drink and eat ?!?!?! Wow ! As the game was starting they put me and Timo on the big screen . Awesome. ! Can't believe this is all happening , pinch me is this true? 


Oh yeah so the game went on ... Augsburg was playing Dusseldorf . They jumped to a 2-0 lead after first period then the refs made some really bad calls . Like why is a puck going into the players bench a delay of game ??? Doesn't it have to go over glass in defensive zone ?? Whatever... So it went into OT and nothing was solved . Shootout and maximum hockey :) all good stories have good endings and of course Augsburgs newest signing scored the only shootout goal to earn the win . Lou Capruosso is his name I think . Good start for your career kid ! 


After the game we headed out for drinks and we smoked some sheesha ...mmmm! I was quite inebriated ;) we stayed up late lol ... We then said our byes to Tobi and Wolfy and headed back to Timos where we all got pretty silly had so much fine and guzzled wine ... Yes I know I have to wake up early but I rather spend these moments with my friends  ... The morning after will suck but it was all worth it . Timo as I said you are consistent ... Consistently amazing ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment