Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Morocco #23


What an experience today has been ! Yes I am writing about today as I have caught up on my posts ... I met Khalid in the front foyer of the hotel and we had breakfast together  . Then we picked up his family and went to the hospital , his mother in law had a doctors appointment ... She is perfectly healthy , just a check up :)


We headed to the market in Rabat with hopes of finding some things I need to buy , no luck :( while we were there we had this amazing sausage on a bun with some traditional tea . Really lovely food ! After we went back to Khalid's place to chill ... After a bit we headed to a coffee shop and met up with the president of photography in sports here and also met the chief of police of Sale , both of them were absolute gentlemen . 


After a bit we headed to the Mega Mall where the rink is :) I met a couple of the youngsters that play , they speak perfect English so it was really nice chatting with them ! And then it was time to get dressed .... Dressing room ? Nope just hide in the corner , and if you need to be bare skinned ? Then go into stair case :) so yeah I did ! As usual the rink has no dressing rooms or showers . Oh well , the most important thing is the ice ! 


If you didn't know I am here to help the youth program . These kids are really in love with hockey ! You really have to see the smiles on their faces ... It was magical ! We got on the ice and I took the goalie (Nathan ) aside and we worked on his puck handling . He has great athletic skill . Really all he needs is some good pointers ... 


After a bit we had a scrimmage , I really took it easy and let a couple younger guys score then there was this kid with an orange jersey . He scored , was a bit lucky then he scored a nice goal ... I couldn't let him score more :) didn't want him to be too confident LOL . 


Most of the pics you see here were taken after the skate , I just wanted a group pic but then everyone else wanted singles ... Really it was such a pleasure meeting and joking around with everyone ! When I got to the corner where we changed I was pelted with snow from all the kids hahaha !!! Then I gave the MVP of the skate a roll of clear tape , of course it was the kid wearing the orange jersey . He was happy and I was happier seeing all the bright eyes . The whole skate for me was amazing , I look forward to skating with these kids again tomorrow . I have a couple more small gifts to give out tomorrow , so if you are there show me your skills and you will be rewarded :) 

After the skate Khalid expressed on numerous occasions how happy he was and how happy the parents of the kids were . We went to McDonalds and made plans for tomorrow . If you are wondering there is no McShwarma or anything different .LOL  ! 

The more time I spend here and the more people I meet the more I am gonna miss this place ... Morocco is amazing . 




No comments:

Post a Comment