Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Morocco is Beautiful


What's the plan ? Khalid was to pick me up at 10:30 am , so I woke up a bit early wrote a blog ate a really nice (normal) breakfast and washed up . When I headed downstairs Khalid was waiting for me :) first stop was coffee ! 


After coffee we headed just down the road from my hotel where the Kings family is buried . Wow it is so beautiful , I really should research this more ! The sights there are amazing :) we hung around for a bit ... I got one of the guards angry when I took a picture with his back turned and then we left . Khalid told him I was aiming for the beautiful view ... Thanks ! 

After we headed to the marina where Khalid has his boat , unfortunately it is in for repairs but we got to see it . Then we met Khalid's brother ( sorry I forgot his name ) , he is responsible for finding the rink here in Rabat ! As the story goes Khalid was in Montreal and his brother phoned him to say guess what I just did ? , I was just skating ... 3 or 4 days later Khalid was on a plane coming here to start up Moroccan hockey ! Such a great story , I really need to write a blog about Khalid after this trip .... His story is truly inspiring . 


After our second coffee we headed into old Sale . Now this is a huge market for locals , if I were on my own I probably would not know about this place . The sights smells and sounds were just everywhere  , I totally loved it ! You can buy everything and anything from fresh fruits to fish to clothes ( mostly fake stuff) . I didn't end up buying anything but did look around for some Aston Villa stuff. ...really I should have bought stuff for Kathleen , I will have another opportunity today I am sure ! 


After all the hustle and bustle we went to pick up Khalid's wife and son , it is his first birthday so we went to cut his hair ... This is possibly the future of Moroccan hockey . He was not too pleased whole getting his hair cut but this little guy was so pleasant before and after ! Just put Mickey Mouse on and it's like he is not there . 

As I said it was Yehya's birthday ( hope I spelled it right ) and we had to go on a road trip for his birthday party . We went to a city near Casablanca called Mohamedia and I got to meet Khalid's in laws , they are hilarious ! Especially the youngest sister ... Pretty sure her name was Shamea (?) regardless of the spelling      I am still wondering who is mike LOL. !! I actually talked her boyfriend into trying hockey ;) might be teaching him to skate over next few days . I hope he shows , the more people I can convince to try this sport here the better . Khalid loves the game and I would like to help promote it however I can .....

Now I have to get ready to go on another adventure then I am on the ice tonight , hopefully my sticks show up !  





No comments:

Post a Comment