Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Spengler Cup


At this point I am waking up hungover with the realization that I stopped drinking 24 hours earlier ... I am getting too old for this shit LOL ! Who am I kidding hehehe :) 

We had to take a train from Feldkrich to Buchs then Landquart to Davos , 3 trains cost us over 40 euros each as we forget the longest part of the trip was free with our Spengler ticket ... Timo will try to get us the refund but it's highly doubtful it will ever happen :( regardless we are on our way without Rainer ! He is on a bender and might still be awake for the 2nd day straight ??? Not sure I had a separate room .... All speculation 

The ride through the alps on the train was magnificent unfortunately I was hungover and feeling a bit under the weather now too . 


When we got to Davos we had heard Rainer was there in a tent so we looked for him.... Nowhere to be found . Ok now we gotta get in as we have cheap standing room area spots . We all get in and they stop Kathleen !!! Apparently her purse was too big ? Every other woman has their purses but for strange unknown reason hers was too big ! Wtf ! So she had to go to the other side of building to hand in her purse , game started and she was not there ...

The crowd was full of assholes pushing and throwing shit , first period I couldn't even see the ice all in all a horrible experience and to make things worse Kathleen was still not there . For me coming to this game was one of those bucket list things and if I could travel back in time I would have bought seats or I wouldn't have waited outside for Rainer and gotten a better spot to stand in . 

By the second period I found myself in a good spot to watch and was waiting to make room for my friends to see better eventually before 3rd I muscled a few people out of the way and we all got to enjoy watching CSKA start to finally play a good game , they almost came back from the 0-3 hole they dug themselves into but what we saw as an offside empty net goal ended the game giving Geneve-Servette the championship , their goalie played awesome ! 


After the game we headed back to Feldkirch and took  a nap ... After all that night was New Years Eve . When we got up we went out for our big group dinner at Castle Schattenburg !!! Yeah last meal for 2013 was in a friggin castle :) how sick is that eh ? I had the Schattenburg schnitzel which was ENORMOUS to say the least . 


After dinner Rainer set off his fireworks which he carried with him all night lol.  It was huge and pretty cool when it went off , but nothing compared to what we were about to see . We stood on a bridge up at the castle and watched the city kick off the craziest fireworks display . Honestly that was the best start to a year I have ever experienced hands down , church bells going , an Austrian symphony playing over a loud speaker with what I could describe as a setting where the city was under siege with fireworks and I am not talking about the sissy fireworks i see in Toronto it was like a Festival of Lights with approximately 1 hour of pure madness !!! I will never forget it :) too bad some of our more inebriated friends hand the need to pass on this in favour of being at the bar in the centrum , it was honestly their loss . We joined them after and I froze my ass off to have 2 beers then I called it a night , I had a good buzz but tomorrow I get to play in Liechtenstein ! 



Right now I am in a car driving to Fussen, Germany ... Still a day behind bit will try to catch up tomorrow if I can . More adventures to come . 

No comments:

Post a Comment