Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Switzerland #21


As I left it off ... I went to bed super trashed at 8 am :) well I had to play hockey that same night ? Yeah so .... I think I woke up around 2 or 3 pm and found myself wandering Feldkirch with Kathleen and Karl looking for some place to eat . First we stopped at a cafe and grabbed a cappuccino and went into the centrum . Most places don't open until around  5 or 6 so it's slim pickings . Walked by Darren and the rest of the Brits and checked the food there , sandwiches with cheese. . I am gonna pass on the prison food! So Kathleen and I ended up back at that cafe and had a sandwich there .... Mine tasted like shit but I ate it anyways . We then went on a long stroll with hopes of finding a fast food joint with no success . Went back to room to pack gear and leave ... With a small nap . 

When I woke up we had to go to Grusch ,Switzerland to play a friendly game . Got there with Timo , got dressed and jumped on ice . Had warmup but I was totally drunk still and pucks were flying by me. .... Gotta shake off the rust lol ! Game starts and first shot gets by me :( then I non chalantly freeze a puck and this guy jabs at it and the ref who isn't really a ref allows it ??? wtf I thought this was for fun. ? We were playing a team from Vaduz , Liechtenstein and as I said we thought it was for fun so we were taking it easy .... They weren't ! End of the half they hi stick a puck out of air while whacking me across my mask .. Puck goes in goal stands we are losing 6-2 .

I skate to bench and I am angry . I thought this was a fun game not a serious one ? Let's get going and beat these guys . I seem to have woke up from that slash across my head . Got my shit together and started making saves and we started to score .... We came back to get th score to 7-6 but then the game abruptly ended with 10 min of ice time left ??? Yeah not sure what the deal was there but regardless we lost. :( but I earned the Swiss flag for my bag ... Country #21 ! 

We hung our at the rink for a while , met a bunch of the guys from Vasuz . They were nice guys  , I asked them about the rink in Malbun , they said they never play there and that Grusch is there home rink ... Apparently it's too small , regardless I still have plans to go there ! 

We left before Rainer did , he was still drinking at the rink !!! I went with Timo to McDonalds in Liechtenstein on way back :) where I had chicken wings which weren't so bad  . Obviously when I got to my room i passed out ... Next day is Spengler final ... CSKA Moscow vs Geneve-Servette .

No comments:

Post a Comment